• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have to wait HOW LONG to go back to Disney?!!!!

Your DD's autograph book is fantastic!! We are planning on stopping in Valdosta, GA as well on our way down. I think it will be a good stopping point with not that much left to drive the next day.

What a great set of goodies for the car ride and while at Disney! :worship: all the invitations and letters are great!

Valdosta is the perfect place to stop. It's about 225 miles from DW. Are you going to find a hotel when you get there or book one in advance? I know my parents don't want to pay a lot for a room since they will be there less than 12 hours but they also don't want to be in a bad area of town. I don't want them to have to haul all their luggage inside out of fear of the car being broken into.

Last year my MK days were similar but we went to Epcot rather than HS just as much....so not so crazy to me! Epcot is a lot of walking to, so that may work better for you guys! :)

With what you want to do at AK, I think that would work! Even if it is crowded you may only encounter it at the Character Meet and Greets and maybe FTLK! Plus in the afternoons people begin leaving (unless it is a PM EMH) after the parade.

My father will not be able to do a lot of walking so I feel like we would have to do EPCOT 3 days to fit everything in. I like the idea of skipping most of FW and spending our day in the WS. Since my DD is 5, MK is the perfect park for her. She loves it so much that it really doesn't compare to EPCOT. I haven't mentioned it to my parents yet but there answer is alway, "We trust your judgement." Who knows, maybe they will have an opinion this time. ;)

Thanks for commenting about AK. That makes me feel more confident about the idea. Even if we just wondered around some air conditioned shops and met a few characters, I think it would be a nice start to our trip. We might have to decide between DTD and AK when we get there. I don't want pressure to finish the last part of our driving by a certain time.

OK, I know I am a couple of posts behind, but I just have to comment on your letters/gifts. They are AWESOME!!! I love the idea of having stuff for the "minor" events of the trip like swimming and seeing Fantasmic! I may have to borrow that idea!

Your letters are adorable. Did you design them yourself? If so, where did you get the art of the birds making Cinderella's dress? I love that!

Finally, where do you shop? I have never seen the "Learn to draw" or "Repositionable sticker books"! My DD4 would go crazy for that stuff!!

Karen

Borrow any ideas that you want (I stole my ideas from the creative DISign board). I'm happy to help make invitations.:goodvibes I don't remember where I got the Cinderella clip art but I can e-mail it to you (just PM me). The only problem is that it is not a very high resolution. It worked OK for the letter but I don't know that I would use it for anything else.

My Mom got the two sticker books from the Disney Store. I found the learn to draw books on Amazon. DD LOVES to draw and she has some other learn to draw books just not Disney themed. I searched for "learn to draw Disney". Here is one with all the princesses that my DD will love when she gets a little older: http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Disney-Princesses-Learn-Draw/dp/1560106999/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272648403&sr=8-3#noop:lovestruc

Valdosta is the perfect place to stop. It's about 225 miles from DW. Are you going to find a hotel when you get there or book one in advance? I know my parents don't want to pay a lot for a room since they will be there less than 12 hours but they also don't want to be in a bad area of town. I don't want them to have to haul all their luggage inside out of fear of the car being broken into.

I will book one in advance. I am looking at a Comfort Suites as it is about $60 for the night we are looking at. Cheaper than what I have budgeted and it has an expanded breakfast. We will leave all but our one suitcase with our clothes and essentials.

Since your DD loves surprises, maybe when she wakes up in car & asks where you are going you'll just be able to tell her its a surprise. I love all your notes & gifts you have planned for her! They are awesome! :goodvibes

I also looooove the finished autograph book. It looks so good!

All your plans sound great, too!

It's coming up soon! :cheer2:

I will book one in advance. I am looking at a Comfort Suites as it is about $60 for the night we are looking at. Cheaper than what I have budgeted and it has an expanded breakfast. We will leave all but our one suitcase with our clothes and essentials.

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup2

It's coming up soon! :cheer2:

It seems like we've been waiting so long and now it's right around the corner. :thumbsup2

I agree with telling her we have a surprise for her but she'll have to wait a bit. She'll be excited but I think she will enjoy the suspense.

I hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

It seems like time is slowing down as we get closer...:laughing:

AHHHHHH!!! I have totally dropped the ball on my pre-trip report. All of the sudden life got so busy. :scared1: But I’m all caught up now with nothing to do but count the minutes until we leave. :cool1:

I think I left off with Sunday plan so here is Monday:

Day 4: Monday June 7th

On Monday we are going back to the Magic Kingdom! Originally, we planned to go to EPCOT today but we decided to give up one of our EPCOT days in order to have 3 MK days (We will probably change our mind 3 more times before we leave:thumbsup2)

Our first MK day was action packed. If we stuck to our plan we rode:

Tomorrowland Speedway
Winnie the Pooh
Mad Tea Party
It’s a Small World
Cinderella’s Carrousel
Snow White’s Scary Adventure
Buzz Lightyear twice!
Space Mountain
Peter Pan
Haunted Mansion

And we met the Fairies in Pixie Hollow, went to the BB, saw Mickey’s Philharmagic, Wishes and ate at CRT. :banana:

Of course, DD will get some presents when she wakes up. She will get pins, an Ariel dress. I don't have a photo but it's blue and from the Disney Store.

We have far less planned for our second MK day. DD is a big Ariel fan. Hopefully, she will be in Adventureland but our plans will change accordingly if she is somewhere else. Thanks to Ridemax, here is our super detailed plan:

9:05 AM DD, Mom and DH will head to Tomorrowland to ride Astro Orbiter
9:05 AM Dad and I will take our time getting FPs for Splash Mountain and waiting for the rest of the group in Adventureland
9:33 AM Meet Ariel (if open)
10:02 AM Jungle Cruise
10:37 AM I will get FPs for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
10:37 AM The rest of the group takes a break
10:50 AM Aladdin’s Magic Carpets
11:08 AM Pirates of the Caribbean
11:36 AM Splash Mountain (use FP)
12:00 AM Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (use FP)

If we are able to meet Ariel at CRT (looks doubtful), then this will be the plan:

9:05 AM DD, Mom and DH will head to Tomorrowland to ride Astro Orbiter
9:05 AM Dad and I will take our time getting FPs for Splash Mountain and waiting for the rest of the group in Adventureland
9:33 AM Aladdin’s Magic Carpets
9:44 AM Jungle Cruise
10:08 AM 20 min break
10:15 AM I get FPs for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
10:30 AM Pirates of the Caribbean
10:53 AM Splash Mountain (use FP)
11:17 AM 20 min break
11:45 AM Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (use FP)

We may grab a FP on our way out. We will relax at the rental house during the afternoon. We have a 5:05 ADR at ‘Ohana! After ‘Ohana, we will probably return to the MK to walk off our big dinner. We probably won’t stay for the MSEP or fireworks because we have an early morning planned on Tuesday.

Tuesday June 8th

Today is Hollywood Studios Day! I think we picked the best day for this park. Tuesday is the only day without EMH, Fantasmic! or SWW.

This was a difficult day to plan. We want to keep my father away from the TSM rush at the beginning of the day. Hopefully DH will be willing to make a mad dash for FPs for all of us while Dad, Mom, DD and I hang out around the hat. Maybe there will be some characters out. :thumbsup2 So the plan looks something like this:

9:00 AM Dad, Mom, DD and I wait by the hat while DH fights for TSM FPs. (FP return time of 11:00 am)
9:20 AM Great Movie Ride
9:51 AM At this point we will either meet characters at Woody’s Roundup or the Animation Studio or Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground.
11:00 AM Send runner to get 3 FPs for RNRC and 2 for TOT.
11:30 AM We would like to see Indiana Jones Stunt Show but if that doesn’t work out, Beauty and the Beast has an 11:30 show. Also, HSM has an 11:30 show. We will choose from one of those.
12:15 PM Toy Story Mania (use FP)
1:15 PM We have an ADR at Sci-Fi
On our way out we may grab more FPs for TOT or RNRC. It just depends on the return time for the ones we got at 11:00.

Short afternoon break.

DH and I want to return to HS to use our RNRC and TOT FPs. I’ve heard that on non-Fantasmic nights there are extra characters in the Animation Studio from 5-7. If DD wants to meet the characters, my Mom will join us. I’m assuming my Dad will need a break and will stay at the rental house. We will return about 4:45.

Am I the only one who has trouble planning HS days? We would have loved to see the stunt show but we can never seem to fit it in.

Wednesday June 9th

We haven’t actually decided what to do on this day. We are torn between a 3rd MK day or EPCOT. We can do EPCOT on Fri but MK has EMH on that day. I guess we will decide after our 2nd MK day. If we decide on MK, DD will get a letter and Dress from Minnie and some pins. If we decide on EPCOT, DD will get a Snow White dress and letter from Snow White. If we do MK, the plan will look something like this:

9:10 AM Get 5 FPs for Peter Pan
9:10 AM DD, Mom, DH and Dad will ride Dumbo.
9:34 AM Haunted Mansion
9:55 AM Story time with Belle
10:15 AM Free Time
10:45 AM Tomorrowland Transit Authority
11:00 AM Get 2 FPs for Space Mountain and 3 for Buzz
11:15 AM Monster Inc Laugh Floor
12:00 PM Leave for an afternoon break

5:15 PM Dream Along with Mickey (we have never seen this show)
5:39 PM Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain (use FP)
6:00 PM Free Time
8:00 PM Use Peter Pan FP
8:30 PM Main Street Electrical Parade
9:00 PM Summer Nightastic Fireworks

We may not stay for the fireworks. I would really like to see them but we have an early breakfast scheduled for Thursday morning.

If we decide on EPCOT, we don’t have a plan. But here is a list of the things we would like to do:thumbsup2:

Innoventions
Soarin’
Test Track (maybe)
Spaceship Earth
The World Showcase
Kim Possible Mission
Possibly the Seas with Nemo

Thursday June 10th

Yeah!!! Finally! Our AK day! We have an 8:00 ADR for Donald’s Safari Breakfast. DD will get an invitation to breakfast, a t-shirt and some pins. We plan to arrive at the gate about 7:45 and take our time walking to the back of the park. At 9:00 DH or I will get leave to get FPs even if the rest of the group is not done with breakfast. Here’s the plan:

9:00 AM Get 2 FPs for Everest and 3 FPs for KRR
9:15 AM Safari
10:05 AM Get 5 more FPs for KRR
10:20 AM Meet Character at Camp Minnie and Mickey
10:45 AM Festival of the Lion King
11:45 AM Triceratops Spin
12:15 PM Use KRR FPs
12:35 PM Mom, Dad, and DD use second set of KRR FPs while DH and I use Everest FPs
1:00 PM Leave

Or

9:00 AM Get 2 FPs for Everest and 3 FPs for KRR
9:15 AM Safari
10:05 AM Get 5 more FPs for KRR
10:15 AM Rafaki’s Planet Watch
11:15 AM Maharaja Jungle Trek or Flights of Wonder
12:00 PM Use KRR FPs
12:30 PM Mom, Dad, and DD use second set of KRR FPs while DH and I use Everest FPs
1:00 PM Leave

We plan to relax and the rental house the rest of the day.

Wow!! Three days plans all posted today! You have been busy!

I think your plans look great! You really seem to have the knack for planning a great morning of touring and then stopping at the right time. I always have the tendency to try to cram in one more thing.

On June 7, do you have an early morning ADR at CRT? I know that Ariel is rare there, but I have seen her before (she is much more common at Akershus).

Just a note for your AK day, I have seen some posts around the DIS where people mention that Kali sometimes doesn't open until 9:30 so probably no fastpasses before then either. Being the overplanner that I am, I would have a backup plan in case I couldn't get that set.

Your plans look great!! You have things spread out nicely and nice breaks! It is getting very close!! :banana:

I think your plans look great! You really seem to have the knack for planning a great morning of touring and then stopping at the right time. I always have the tendency to try to cram in one more thing.

:rotfl:It took a lot of effort. I've learned the hard way that you can't do everything you want. There is just not enough time.

On June 7, do you have an early morning ADR at CRT? I know that Ariel is rare there, but I have seen her before (she is much more common at Akershus).

We have a dinner ADR on June 5th. I doubt she will be there. :sad:

Just a note for your AK day, I have seen some posts around the DIS where people mention that Kali sometimes doesn't open until 9:30 so probably no fastpasses before then either. Being the overplanner that I am, I would have a backup plan in case I couldn't get that set.

:worship::worship::worship: Thank you! I've never heard that. Oh well, if KRR FPs are not available then I will get extra EE FPs for DH and I. :rolleyes1

Your plans look great!! You have things spread out nicely and nice breaks! It is getting very close!! :banana:

We are leaving tomorrow!!!!! :banana::banana::banana: Are you guys excited or just busy?

Have a great trip! I have been so busy since I got back that I haven't been on the PTR board as much. I can't wait to hear about the trip when you come back.

Have a great trip! I have been so busy since I got back that I haven't been on the PTR board as much. I can't wait to hear about the trip when you come back.

I saw you started your trip report. :cool1: I'll catch up when we get home. I can't wait to hear about your trip!

We leave today! DH is going to pick me up from work. I couldn't sleep last night. :lmao: I went to bed about 10:00 and watched the clock until 11:00. Then woke up at 12:00 then 1:00 then 2:00 then 3:00 then 4:00 and the alarm went off at 5:00. :eek: I don't think I have ever been this excited about a trip before! I actually forgot to eat yesterday! :scared1::lmao:

:banana::woohoo::yay::cool1::cheer2::p:hyper:

Have a wonderful trip! We will be right behind you! Only 2 more days until we leave!

Your plans look great. I hope you plan on doing a TR so I can see how your RideMax plans work for you. I had read with Ariel's Grotto closing, she is suppose to be more common at CRT and Akershus. I sure hope it works out for you (and us when we go to Akershus since she is my DD's favorite too).

:dancer:
:dancer: :dancer:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Have a magical time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter