• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have family that lives in FL...discount?

AngieInOH

DIS Veteran
Ok I know this is a long shot but would it be possible for my family that lives in FL to get me a discount on tickets and my resort stay. I know last time I checked they had AP but I'm not sure if they still do.

Just thought I'd check on a long shot! :confused3 Thanks!

Not from what I have read. You would have to show proof of Florida residency at check-in.

My Mom qualifies for FL resident rate so she gets invited along a lot.
She also purchases discounted tickets for her Grandchildren when she is accompanying us.

My dad is a FL resident, but, he's staying onsite for the length of our stay, so with that, yes, we do get to use his Fl resident rate - and with that, I had to make the ressies, in my name, but when FL code comes out according to the CM's I've talked to I can apply the code to our ressies, BUT on check in, my dad has to show proof... (we're requesting connecting rooms) of his FL res, driver's license will do

AngieInOH said:
Ok I know this is a long shot but would it be possible for my family that lives in FL to get me a discount on tickets and my resort stay. I know last time I checked they had AP but I'm not sure if they still do.
Sure, if they were present at check-in, to present their Florida ID. Many families take advantage of this perk. I'm not sure about the tickets, but it's worth a try! Enjoy!! :goodvibes

Any adult purchasing or using a FL discount ticket has to show proof that they live there. However, kids don't have drivers' licenses, so they might be able to get by.

A "Florida State ID" (obtained through a DMV) is acceptable. You do not need to show a driver's license. :goodvibes

I have parents that live in Florida also. So my question is, do the reservations have to be in one of their names to get the Florida discount? My parents plan on being their at checkin and maybe for 1 night, but not for our entire stay.

dreamflight99 said:
Sure, if they were present at check-in, to present their Florida ID. Many families take advantage of this perk. I'm not sure about the tickets, but it's worth a try! Enjoy!! :goodvibes

FL discounted park tickets are only available to the Florida resident. You present a suitable/acceptable Florida ID and then the ticket CM runs it through a computer to verify that you do indeed "currently" live in Florida. We asked what database(s) she was checking, but all she'd do is *wink* back at us. She said they do a thorough check.

They definitely will ask to see your FL ID before issuing FL rate park admission. My son didn't have any FL ID yet, as we bought his FL AP two days after moving into the house, and it was quite the kerfuffle getting them to issue the pass even with our sales contract and deed!

Also, we've found that they seemingly randomly ask for ID to prove you are a FL resident at the turnstyle.

Anne

You're parents would be able to reserve you a room as long as it was in their name and they were present with there acceptable FL ID's at check in. As far as tickets, no it will not work each adult must show proof of FL residency and like another poster said they do occasionally check ID's at the turnstyles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter