• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't believe this...what do you think???

WendyZ

<font color=deeppink>Always wants to be on vacatio
CNN has one the families of the POW's on right now.:mad: :mad: :mad: I know it's my opinion....but I just think this is wrong! They are going through enough. Asking them what they thought of the pictures and what they sceen. One of them answered like I can't believe you're even asking this. Then they break in and put them on hold!!!:confused: :mad: :mad: :eek: I just think the media needs to be alittle more sensitive to these people. I really feel for them.:(

I dunno...what do you think? Would you want to be interview if it was your loved one? I'd have to say I think I'd let them have it.

I think that the families put themselves in this position by agreeing to do the interviews. No one is forcing them to come on TV, that is a choice they make. Just because the media asks doesn't mean the families have to say yes.

I can't understand blaming CNN for something that is ultimately the responsibility of the families.

I agree with you on that point. I would say no. There's always two sides to everything.;)

I think that the families put themselves in this position by agreeing to do the interviews. No one is forcing them to come on TV, that is a choice they make. Just because the media asks doesn't mean the families have to say yes.

i completely agree.

I also have to agree. Personally I don't think I could compose myself enough to be on tv plus I don't think I would even WANT to be interviewed on tv. JMO.

Originally posted by AirForceRocks

I agree. I would never be able to go on tv, especially at time like this. There were also family members on the Today show. I just couldn't do it....

Although I agree in general with people being responsible for their own actions, the families are vulnerable right now. I do not expect them to act rationally and feel there's a possibility they ARE being taken advantage of. They may later regret having those personal moments televised or they may be looking for a forum to talk. Hard to tell.

I agree that these people could be looking for a forum to talk this out since some people seem to handle stress in this manner. However, they had to know that answering questions from the media would be rough.

I could be that some of the families are giving interviews in the hope of keeping their loved one in the public eye. It really isn't necessary in this case because I believe the US is dedicated to bringing every pow home but in former wars it was important to make sure people knew about the pows and that public pressure remained on politcians to not cripple the military in taking extradinary actions to bring them home. Anyway, this might have something to do with the families' decision to go public.

I would never agree to an interview in a situation like this.

I just hate when the media goes shoving microphones in the faces of the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter