I Can Do Disney All By Myself...anyone else?

I could so do it. I know I'd miss my boys, but they can be a pain to get going in the morning. All I have to do is wake, shower, dress and GO ! Yup, I could so do it. :thumbsup2

I'm doing another partial solo trip in March. Some of my best park days have been solo, though I still feel like the parks were designed to be shared (as was Walt's intent).

I did the Future World tour solo, which was nice; stopped and took in all the little details in World Showcase, like the cool train (realized they adjust the tiny details in the tiny town to reflect the season or event, like F&W); rode the steam train a little too long; rode the monorail from MK to EP and back, just for fun; rode HM and Pirates as many times in a row as possible, for no reason at all; grazed on whatever food was appealing, regardless of meal times; and even got an assisted listening device used by folks with vision problems, just so I could close my eyes and try to imagine what it's like to experience the park without the gift of sight. I did that in three parks, actually. It sounds weird, but was an enlightening experience, and a way to your the parks anew.

This next trip will probably involve riding Star Tours over and over, then watching the Muppet Show that nobody wants to go to, hopping over to Epcot just for SSE, The Land boat ride, and Figment, then maybe back onto SSE a few more times, then over to MK to wander about.

One thing I don't recommend is wandering the MK a little drunk, if you're a solo dude, and chatting people up. After spending some time at the Poly bar one night, I hopped over to the MK to try the HM a little drunkish (could mostly walk straight). That was fun, but I think I made too many new friends while walking. :) Didn't think about the perception of a happy, talkative, buzzed bro wandering around a character-laden theme park alone. Crap!!! Fail. But it wasn't really a fail...it was quite fun. Those Backscratchers will sneak up on ya. Three backscratchers and a Lapu Lapu are extra-super-sneaky.

I have moved to FL since I last posted here. Got my AP in Oct & went for a weekend solo. I had a lot of fun. It was different, but I did everything I wanted when & how I wanted. Lol. I am going back next weekend just to see all the holiday decor.

After my divorce from a very rough marriage years ago, I took an 8 day trip solo. I never regret it. It really gave me the boost I needed at a very difficult time in my life and helped me to put some of the 'magic' back in my life.

It's one of the reason Disney remains so special to me to this day.

I did the same thing 10 years ago -- i had just moved out of my house and was all alone for the first time in 15 years -- it was 2 am and i still couldn't sleep and i was watching the Travel channel and advert for Disney world came on -- i just kinda wandered over to the website and priced out a vacation -- and ended up booking it -- hopped in the care and started driving --- the Border Agent thought i was nuts when i told him the purpose of my trip -- 18 hours later i checked into Pop Century -- and spent the next 7 days decompressing -- time by the pool, people watching at the parks, going on the rides and seeing the shows -- playing mini golf -- met a lot of interesting people at the resort and parks and still to this day correspond with some of them.

Now my new wife and i do adult only trips alternating with the family trips -- but come Feb, she is going to Vegas with her mom, and i am thinking it may be time for another solo trip for me!

I visited WDW solo twice last year and it was fun. It was a time for me to decompress and let everything go after what was a stressful year.

First solo trip was nov 7-11. Ran my first 5k race. Solo was great. Food and wine festival was awesome. Nice to do what I wanted to do, did things that I had skipped in previous trips. Maybe next solo trip will be longer. Funds depending.

SOLO for three weeks in a little over three weeks WaHOO! Love my spouse to death, but he skis and I don't. enough said?

Completed my first solo trip about 3 years ago and have been on 4 since then. You seen the Disney Parks in such a different way it's amazing. Definitely a must-do if you are able and the spouse allows it Haha!

This is so awkward to me. Will be doing it when I'm at a work trip in Orlando in February.

I will be in florida the end of Jan and decided to do a few days in disney while my friend is with family. My first time going solo and its kind of a big thing for me lol Im an introvert who doesn't connect well with strangers but I am hoping disney can help with that. I booked the keys to the kingdom tour and I am excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter