I banked my points and shot myself in the foot. Please help.

Goldilocks07

A rockin' mom and her sweet princess
I banked my points (because I had to by the end of this month, January) and just went to book a few surprise vacations, and see now I can't borrow them to book for this use year (mine ends/begins June). Are they capping off the amount of points you can borrow and book? I'm totally sad and freaked out about this, I would not have banked them until the last minute had I known this. Very sad. I wanted to surprise my little one and take her spontaneously one weekend. And now I can't.

I banked my points (because I had to by the end of this month, January) and just went to book a few surprise vacations, and see now I can't borrow them to book for this use year (mine ends/begins June). Are they capping off the amount of points you can borrow and book? I'm totally sad and freaked out about this, I would not have banked them until the last minute had I known this. Very sad. I wanted to surprise my little one and take her spontaneously one weekend. And now I can't.
Borrowing is temporarily restricted to 50% of the number of points in a contract. So if you have a 100-point contract and you already borrowed 50 points, you cannot borrow any more points this UY.

You cannot “unbank” points, so your only recourse would be to either rent a reservation or get a transfer of points from another member. The rental brokers have tons of existing reservations, many are at fire sale prices. You might be able to find a very affordable one for your trip.

Shoot. Well that REALLY STINKS. I wish I weren't so on top of the banking, and held onto them until I knew better my plans. I don't really want to come out of pocket to stay at Disney, I'm already paying $1600++ a year in dues, plus I have a good amount of points to use. How depressing.

I guess I'll start planning for fall trips.

Shoot. Well that REALLY STINKS. I wish I weren't so on top of the banking, and held onto them until I knew better my plans. I don't really want to come out of pocket to stay at Disney, I'm already paying $1600++ a year in dues, plus I have a good amount of points to use. How depressing.

I’m sorry. It really does stink. The shutdown screwed up a lot of people’s plans for how they were going to use their points.

Have you already borrowed 50% of your next years points or is it that you need more? If not but if you have already booked reservations with them then you can reallocate the points you just banked which will free up next years points which you can borrow up to 50% of the total of. That is 50% of each contract if you own more than one contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter