Hyatt MCO-$505!!

I grew up with Easter Break being the week before Easter for public schools, and the week after Easter for parochial schools. But now days, it is called Spring Break it can be any week in March or April, or in some cases, schools at taking two weeks.
And don't try to go to Disneyland President's Day week because many public school districts here take President's Day WEEK off, not just the Monday.

States in the northeast generally have 2 breaks. A week in February and a week in April. Basically someone, somewhere is on a break Presidents Day week through the last week in April

I grew up with Easter Break being the week before Easter for public schools, and the week after Easter for parochial schools. But now days, it is called Spring Break it can be any week in March or April, or in some cases, schools at taking two weeks.
And don't try to go to Disneyland President's Day week because many public school districts here take President's Day WEEK off, not just the Monday.
We take that week off here. Instead of the usual spring break in March, we get a week in February that covers Presidents' Day and then a week in April that sometimes abuts Easter, but not intentionally.

States in the northeast generally have 2 breaks. A week in February and a week in April. Basically someone, somewhere is on a break Presidents Day week through the last week in April
Sure has changed since I was a kid. We got 2 weeks at Christmas and 1 week at Easter. No other full weeks off. Thanksgiving was just Thanksgiving Day and the day after. President's Day didn't exist. We got Washington's Birthday off, and Lincoln's birthday off. And the practice of moving holidays to a Monday didn't start until I was in 7th grade.

Not sure what's going on in Florida that weekend of April 20. We need to fly to Tampa for a wedding that weekend. The prices on the flights are insane for that weekend, but both the week before and the week after are less than half the price. So something is driving prices up for everything.

ETA: the following week (Apr 22-26) NYC publics schools are closed for break . It's usually closer to Easter.

Last edited:
Do you know how much it "costs" in points? Sometimes it's less to use points although I am not sure if Hyatt has started dynamic pricing on points redemption.

LAX
1 King Bed that night is $523 but Hyatt Point is only 18,000 (~$180 for those who don't know points).

Of course, not everyone is in the points game but with situations like these, it's useful.

Not sure what's going on in Florida that weekend of April 20. We need to fly to Tampa for a wedding that weekend. The prices on the flights are insane for that weekend, but both the week before and the week after are less than half the price. So something is driving prices up for everything.

ETA: the following week (Apr 22-26) NYC publics schools are closed for break . It's usually closer to Easter.
And, as I posted before, much of New England has the week before off, which covers April 20. Easter has nothing to do with it.

I have several friends who are teachers in CT and they are off this week. I think a lot of New England is off, we looked into visiting a friend in St John this week but flights were crazy expensive with spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter