Hurting Princesses' feelings?

wrmiller13

Mouseketeer
My oldest daughter says its "weird" for my youngest daughter to dress up as a specific princess ( like Snow White) and then go to a Princess Lunch at Akershus that has "other" Princesses besides Snow White. She thinks it will "hurt their feelings" ( the "other" Princesses) if she is in a Princess specific outfit. Can you please tell me that your little "Cinderella" didn't hurt Belles feelings?!!!

My oldest daughter says its "weird" for my youngest daughter to dress up as a specific princess ( like Snow White) and then go to a Princess Lunch at Akershus that has "other" Princesses besides Snow White. She thinks it will "hurt their feelings" ( the "other" Princesses) if she is in a Princess specific outfit. Can you please tell me that your little "Cinderella" didn't hurt Belles feelings?!!!
Your older daughter may not be aware that Belle is a WDW CM whose primary job is to create magic for guests.

Just tell your daughters all Princesses love to meet "guest" Princesses whether or not the little ones are decked out in costumes.

You can tell her that all the princesses are friends, so seeing someone who looks like their friend will just make them happier!

Are you sure the older daughter isn't jealous of the younger daughter's costume? Maybe get her something too (princess dress, or jedi outfit, or superhero cape, whatever she likes)? I've seen girls in the R2-D2 dress/tutus and they are soooo cute!

Has your family ever stayed at Port Orleans Riverside Royal Rooms?
The basis is that all the princesses come to visit Tiana and leave gifts. If there are rooms themed like that, it has to be proof of the different princesses supporting each other :)

The princesses love to meet other princesses. My DD never dressed like a princess in WDW, but because she has red hair, most of the characters called her Ariel, or called her Ariel's sister.
I love this❤❤

You can tell her that all the princesses are friends, so seeing someone who looks like their friend will just make them happier!

Are you sure the older daughter isn't jealous of the younger daughter's costume? Maybe get her something too (princess dress, or jedi outfit, or superhero cape, whatever she likes)? I've seen girls in the R2-D2 dress/tutus and they are soooo cute!
Thank you for that advice! I did mention they are all friends! I also "reminded" her who was footing the bill for the trip!

Has your family ever stayed at Port Orleans Riverside Royal Rooms?
The basis is that all the princesses come to visit Tiana and leave gifts. If there are rooms themed like that, it has to be proof of the different princesses supporting each other :)
We have not! We are a family of 9...so usually 2 rooms at a value! This sounds so sweet though!❤❤

Your older daughter may not be aware that Belle is a WDW CM whose primary job is to create magic for guests.

Just tell your daughters all Princesses love to meet "guest" Princesses whether or not the little ones are decked out in costumes.
This!❤ I did not know that about Belle! I think I can win her over with this hopefully!!

I think it's very cute that your oldest DD is considering the princesses' feelings.

Totally unrelated but kind of similar: I was about 15 years old and sitting alone at one of the barstools at a Denny's restaurant in Ocala, FL eating breakfast when in walks George Steinbrenner (the owner of the NY Yankees). He's also alone and sits one barstool away from me. I asked him for his autograph on a Denny's napkin (it was the only thing I could find at the time). As he began to sign the napkin he asked me what my name was because I assume he was going to personalize the autograph. Without thinking first (as 15 year-olds often do) I said, "No sir, it's not for me, I'm a Mets fan. It's for my father. He loves your team." He cracked a big smile, let out a quick chuckle, and finished with the autograph, except he personalized it using my father's name.

I think it's very cute that your oldest DD is considering the princesses' feelings.
Totally unrelated but kind of similar: I was about 15 years old and sitting alone at one of the barstools at a Denny's restaurant in Ocala, FL eating breakfast when in walks George Steinbrenner (the owner of the NY Yankees). He's also alone and sits one barstool away from me. I asked him for his autograph on a Denny's napkin (it was the only thing I could find at the time). As he began to sign the napkin he asked me what my name was because I assume he was going to personalize the autograph. Without thinking first (as 15 year-olds often do) I said, "No sir, it's not for me, I'm a Mets fan. It's for my father. He loves your team." He cracked a big smile, let out a quick chuckle, and finished with the autograph, except he personalized it using my father's name.
If Georges feelings weren't hurt, then the Princesses sshouldn't be either!That is a great story!!

Last edited:
When my DD was 2 she has really short hair and the day we met Belle she was having a mild allergic reaction to dairy so her cheeks were very red. But Belle told her how pretty she was and how much she looked liked Snow White. They are all friends. I think the only "jealous" characters are Cinderella's step sisters, which they are supposed to be. :)

I hope they don't care. My daughter wore a dress with Ariel on it to cinderllas park fare dinner In all honesty just explain they are friends and won't mind and just because your youngest has a preference she will still be happy to meet the others too I'm sure

As you can see by my picture, my granddaughters were Fawn and Zarina, and Tinkerbell was thrilled to see them! Here she is pointing the way to Pixie Hollow!

Just tell her that as a diplomatic representative of their respective kingdoms, they have learned how to host visitors jointly and to not take the incidental preferences of their guests personally. Otherwise, their kingdoms would have descended into chaos and war long ago.

The princesses love to meet other princesses. My DD never dressed like a princess in WDW, but because she has red hair, most of the characters called her Ariel, or called her Ariel's sister.

My redheaded son is taken to be Ariel's cousin as well. Oh and Merida's, when we met her at Disneyland. :)

(And a chance meeting with Evanna Lynch at Universal involved her commenting that he simply must be a Weasley...)

When my 2 year old DD dressed as Snow WHITe at AKershus, ARiel was so excited to meet Snow White's "Mini Me." She even took her around to the other princesses and introduced her to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter