How's my resort crawl?

spudinspace

Earning My Ears
For my resort day, I'm planning on doing a resort crawl to get away from Coronado Springs. Starting my day off with a breakfast reservation at Boma. Nothing else planned for the day, so we can go at a relaxed pace. We plan to visit the following hotels: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans resorts, Contemporary, Polynesian, Boardwalk, Riviera, and Art of Animation.

• 9:00 AM Wake up at Coronado springs
  • 9:45 AM Uber to Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • 10:00 AM-10:45 AM Visit AKL
  • 10:50 AM-12:00 PM Boma breakfast
  • 12:00 PM bus from AKL to Disney springs
  • 12:45 PM boat to Port Orleans
  • 1:00 PM-2:00 PM Visit both PO resorts and eat beignets scat cat café
  • 2:00 PM bus to magic kingdom and walk to contemporary
  • 2:45 PM-3:15 PM Visit Contemporary
  • 3:15 PM Walk to Polynesian
  • 3:30 PM-4:15 PM Visit Polynesian
  • 4:30 PM Monorail to magic kingdom, thenbus to Boardwalk
  • 5:00 PM-6:00 PM Visit Boardwalk
  • 6:00 PM Walk from Boardwalk to international gateway
  • 6:15 PM Skyliner to Riviera
  • 6:30 PM-7:00 PM Visit Riviera
  • 7:00 PM Skyliner to Art of Animation
  • 7:00 PM-7:45 PM Visit Art of Animation
  • 7:45 PM Skyliner to Hollywood studios, then bus back to Coronado springs
  • 8:30 PM Dinner at CS Toledo

We'll be eating whenever we get hungry at whatever hotel we're at. Ideally I'd like to be back Coronado for our Toledo reservation at 8:30. Any comments from the peanut gallery? Is this too many hotels to do in one day?

Personally I think Contemporary is a boring resort to visit. I would walk to Grand Flo, I think the Rose Lounge opens at 3pm or boat to Wilderness Lodge (Geyser Point). And I would probably visit Caribbean Beach from Riviera. It’s a short walk.

If you want to squeeze in one more easily, you can pop across the bridge from AoA to Pop Century. Maybe have a piece of tie dye cheesecake.

For my resort day, I'm planning on doing a resort crawl to get away from Coronado Springs. Starting my day off with a breakfast reservation at Boma. Nothing else planned for the day, so we can go at a relaxed pace. We plan to visit the following hotels: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans resorts, Contemporary, Polynesian, Boardwalk, Riviera, and Art of Animation.

• 2:45 PM-3:15 PM Visit Contemporary
  • 3:15 PM Walk to Polynesian
  • 3:30 PM-4:15 PM Visit Polynesian
You presently can't walk to Poly from Contemporary as the walking path from MK to Grand Floridian is closed. Even if it is open there is no way you are doing that in 15 minutes. You are better off taking the resort monorail to Poly from Contemporary.

I think you’re a bit optimistic on the DS-POR time but that depends if you’re wandering DS or heading straight to the boat area. The boat ride just itself is about 20 mins so it could be a time eater if you just miss it.

After all that Disney transport I would rideshare as the last thing and skip the Skyliner/bus to make your Toledo’s ADR. A rideshare from AoA to CSR will be cheap.

Personally I think Contemporary is a boring resort to visit. I would walk to Grand Flo, I think the Rose Lounge opens at 3pm or boat to Wilderness Lodge (Geyser Point). And I would probably visit Caribbean Beach from Riviera. It’s a short walk.
We're probably just gonna walk through contemporary real quick, maybe watch a monorail or two.

You presently can't walk to Poly from Contemporary as the walking path from MK to Grand Floridian is closed. Even if it is open there is no way you are doing that in 15 minutes. You are better off taking the resort monorail to Poly from Contemporary.
How did I not see this? It's so obvious! Thanks for the tip. How often do monorails come?
I think you’re a bit optimistic on the DS-POR time but that depends if you’re wandering DS or heading straight to the boat area. The boat ride just itself is about 20 mins so it could be a time eater if you just miss it.

After all that Disney transport I would rideshare as the last thing and skip the Skyliner/bus to make your Toledo’s ADR. A rideshare from AoA to CSR will be cheap.
We have a dedicated Disney springs day, so straight to the boats for us.

As for AoA to CSR, we'll do a Minnie van if we're crunched for time but I'm a weirdo who loves riding free transportation.

It would work as long as you just sort of walk through the lobbies and don't actually stop to do anything. You might get delayed on the DS bus from AKL. DS buses are almost always slow and don't seem to come as often as park buses. They are the only time I've actually waited over a hour for a bus. I'd skip CR and do GF instead and would most likely take the boat from MK to GF then boat from GF to Poly. Or boat from MK to Poly but it's going to stop at GF first any way so why not just hop off. You could do all three if your heart is set on walking to CR but I'm not a fan of that resort. I would also probably skip the whole DS to POR leg. I've stayed at Riverside and it's a beautiful resort but I'd throw a WL into the MK resorts mix and skip POR. I know everyone loves the beignets but I don't think they are worth the time that leg is going to take.

Can you get to the Poly a little early and do Trader Sam's? The line to get on the list usually starts before 3pm, and if you sign up for the list at 3:30 you probably won't get in before 4:15, depending on what day of the week you're visiting.

Art of Animation is cute, but I would dedicate less time to it - if any at all. Also agree with skipping Riverside and just enjoying your beignets at POFQ.

The way you've worked out all the transportation is admirable! Great job!!!

I wasn't planning on doing any activities at any of the hotels, just finding a cozy place to sit and take a few pictures, and possibly grab a snack. This is one of my "rest" days after all!

Thanks for the tips everyone! I spent an hour making this schedule, and with y'alls help I have tweaked it to perfection!

Here's hoping the transportation runs at least somewhat on time.

Just uber AK to PO. The bus drop off is nowhere near the boats, and Disney Springs is a frustrating extra stop with fussy transportation options. I'd also Uber the last leg back.

I'd do WL over Contemporary. Take the boat to MK, then the TTC ferry boat to Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter