How to use Delta mobile app ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We have never used a mobile app to check in and board the plane. So how does this work?
There will only be 2 of us. I have always had our resort check us in and print our boarding passes.
So we need to pull up our boarding passes from our phone and have them scan it at the gate before boarding?
Does my girl need to have the mobile app on her phone with her boarding pass or can I just use my app for both?

Yes, and at security as well.

If you're concerned about being able to use it when the moment comes, why not print your boarding pass at the airport? Would save you some stress!

Yes, and at security as well.

If you're concerned about being able to use it when the moment comes, why not print your boarding pass at the airport? Would save you some stress!
Thank you. I thought if it saved some time I would try it. Does my granddaughter need to have the app on her phone or can I just use mine for both?

It wont really save any time in regards to the boarding pass. It only helps because you dont need to keep up with a piece of paper.

BUT, if your flights get changed on day of travel, your BP will automatically be updated in the app.

I also use the app to track my checked luggage. No, theres not a lot you can do if it gets messed up, but it's peace of mind to know where the bags are.

I'm almost sure both of you will use your own app, I don't know that you can do multiple BPs on a single app, but could be wrong.

Is she on the same “record” as you. If so when you check in both boarding passes will be on the app. You will have to swipe between them. But I’d just stop by a kiosk and print them

Her boarding pass should be on your phone as well if you are on the same itinerary. You can just swipe left or right to get to the different ones. I usually screen shot mine as well just out of being paranoid. Then if anything happens to the app, I still have my boarding pass. I've never had problems with using a mobile boarding pass vs the paper ones.

I could see the utility of an airline phone app for someone without luggage. Personally, I check a bag 100% of the time. Since I have to use the kiosk/agent anyway, it's easier to simply print the boarding pass once I arrive at the airport. Boarding passes don't unexpectedly die or decide to reboot while you're in line to get through TSA or to board the plane.

As sam_gordon accurately notes, your boarding pass will automatically update if the airline changes your flight. I had that happen once, when a connecting flight was changed. It wasn't a huge issue, though. It took under two minutes to print the new one at a kiosk (of which there will be tons at any hub airport).

Caveat: Some horrible airlines (like Spirit) charge extra to print out a boarding pass at the airport. So, be sure to check that if you're on a so-called ultra-low-cost carrier.

I haven't had to have my son have the app on his phone. I just swipe between them. And since I have an iphone I also save the boarding passes to my Wallet, so I don't have to have a cell or wifi connection to access them.

As others have said, if everyone in your party is on the same reservation, then boarding passes for your entire party will show up on your phone. I find it more convenient if everyone with a cell phone in the party on the same reservation pulls up their boarding pass on their own phone.

BUT the most foolproof method is to get to the airport and ask Delta to print your boarding passes. if you're checking luggage, they should be able to do this for you when you drop off your bags.

BUT the most foolproof method is to get to the airport and ask Delta to print your boarding passes. if you're checking luggage, they should be able to do this for you when you drop off your bags.

Any Delta kiosk can print a boarding pass. So, you shouldn't even need to involve a human being. Even at the busiest times, there shouldn't be a long line to use a kiosk.

I always use the App. If you have an iphone I add them to my wallet so I dont have to go into the App to access them. I just swipe between the 2 boarding passes on my phone when going through security and boardind the plane. Never had an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!