• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how to make your scooter stand out from all the others in a parking area

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi: Just wondering what others put on their scooters so that they can pick them out from a parking area?

Deb.

I have seen different signs and lights on scooters. Mine has a special holder on the back for my crutches that kind of differentiates it.

Some who have their own use pillow cases or make special seat covers.

Mine is purple and orange (Figment colors) with Cheshire Cat white decals on the side and LGMHs on the front and back. I think the combination is unique.

I don't usually park my ECV. I take it up to the ride with me. Unfortunately, since I am usually alone and don't have upper body strength, I cannot self-propel a WC (so I don't transfer to one on the rides that call for them.)

I do have a cover for the seat because it makes it more comfortable for me. And when I am at WDW or DL, I use a Disney theme. I am going on DCL soon and I made a cruise-related cover with ship's wheels, lighthouses and sailboats on it.

I don't usually park my scooter. If I do, I have a bright pink mesh backpack attached to the back of the seat. My scooter came with 3 different color interchangable accent pieces. I use the silver one the most. Most of the rentals are red, some are blue. I don't see too many silver rentals.

We decorate with lights and garland. DH is an electronic tech and makes the lights run off the scooter battery. I've asked him to explain how to me - but I still don't get it - LOL. It's pretty fun. Sometimes people get cranky at scooters in the parks but they don't seem as cranky if the scooter is all lit up and decorated - I get more smiles than frowns

It's been awhile since I was last on this forum so things may have changed, do people still use the lime green mickey heads from the paint dept. of home depot?

I'm renting mine from apple scooter - can I put a ribbon on it somewhere to find it easily?? I certainly can't put stickers or anything since I don't own it.

I'm renting mine from apple scooter - can I put a ribbon on it somewhere to find it easily?? I certainly can't put stickers or anything since I don't own it.

In my experience, rented scooters will have a placard on the back with your name on it, so that helps. You can also tie a ribbon or bright colored scarf on the arm, or put something bright in the basket. Some people have brought a pillow case from home to slide over the seat back.

I printed up a cute sign I found on the DISigns forum, got it laminated, and attached it to the front basket with zip ties. I also brought a beach towel one time to drape over the seat when it was very sunny (the seats are black vinyl and can get very hot).

@pbrim......can you send me link for a sign.....I have been looking for something like this for my scooter! Thanks:thumbsup2

I saw a woman with Minnie fabric covering her seat cushion and seat back. :)

@pbrim......can you send me link for a sign.....I have been looking for something like this for my scooter! Thanks:thumbsup2

It's been a couple of years -- I don't recall exactly which post had the signs I used. (I tried fastening one to the back of the scooter with tape and that didn't work so good.)

What I did was go to the Creative DISigns forum here and search on License Plates, I think. I also searched on Bike Plates, Stroller Tags and who knows what else before I found what I wanted. I printed out the signs and got a friend who works in a print shop to laminate it for me. I punched holes in the corners and fastened it on with zip ties.

If you don't find what you are looking for, you can always ask. A lot of people do make requests and the wonderfully creative people usually come through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter