How much did your first computer cost, and the one your using now

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
My frs tone was in 99 and it was around 1,000.00 and the one I am using now was a no name lap top on sale, it was 250.00

I had a TI-99! It was a Christmas gift, so i don't know how much it cost. The first desktop I bought myself in 1987 was a Compaq 386 for about $800. This evening, I'm using an HP Stream laptop that cost just under $200.

My first at-home personal desk top cost about $2000 in 1996. That was for the tower, monitor, keyboard, speakers, etc. It was a Compaq, but I don't remember the details about its power, etc.

Current laptop, a Toshiba, was about $500 two years ago.

I don't remember exactly how much it cost (my parents' footed the bill), but I remember distinctly that it was 2.5 gigs, and I was SUPER impressed about that storage capacity!!!

I got a beautiful blue iMac in 2001, cost around $2000 CAD, now use an iPad cost $599 CAD. I use a dell for work but I didn’t buy it and I didn’t have a choice of computer.

My father has always been a computer nerd. He started buying computers before I was born. I think he had almost every Tandy TRS-80 since the late 70s. I remember we thought pong was a fun game. I have no idea what he paid for computers back then. I'm sure he wasted a lot of money just like he did on laser discs lol. We had a server in our basement starting in the 80s. My father was always busy printing information for me and my friends to complete school reports in the late 80s/early 90s. It was shocking to so many friends that we could skip a trip to the library by using the internet.

Forgot to mention that I mostly use my google fi phone for everything now. I barely ever use a computer at home.

Last edited:
my first computer was one my now ex-husband built with spare parts, so...free, I guess? He used to run a programming business. I am still using a gaming desktop that he built but it is old and slow, it's time to upgrade. My laptop is a 7 year old HP that I bought myself when I was working from home when my daughter was a baby, I paid $350 for it, but it is painfully slow and I don't use it much anymore. My kids have newer gaming desktops, I paid about $600 for my daughter's and $900 for my son's, plus he has hundreds of dollars in upgraded parts in it. We love PC gaming.

I got my first computer when I went off to college in 1995. It was a Pentium 90 with 8mb of ram running windows 3.11. I think it was $2000? It came with a crt monitor.
My current desktop is one of those really small Dell computers and it was around $300.

I got my first computer when I went off to college in 1995. It was a Pentium 90 with 8mb of ram running windows 3.11. I think it was $2000? It came with a crt monitor.
My current desktop is one of those really small Dell computers and it was around $300.
Similar, 1995 Compaq with a Pentium 90, but I think only 4mb RAM running Win95. Full package, it was somewhere around $1500-2000, I can't remember.

2nd computer was 2005, HP Pavillion full package and paid $500 I think.

Currently have an HP laptop bought in 2015 specifically because Windows 7 was on it. Paid $599.

I seem to get a new computer about every 10 years.

IBM Aptiva in '95. first generation Pentium (WOW, a PENTIUM!) 1gb disk space (AWESOME!). It was close to $2,000.

The one I'm using how is a refurbished Dell, little over $200

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter