How many times have you kicked someone or asked someone to leave your home?

Yes, my ex. He never believed I would actually divorce him and "kick him out of the house". I've also had to insist that he leave my house several times since then when he was not observing the boundaries I was setting. He eventually learned that I do have a voice and he has to listen to it. Thankfully, no one else in my life behaves that way.

I once told my bil that if he was going to continue saying what he was saying, I was going to tell him to leave.

Once. It was a person coming to check the gas line behind the stove for the gas company. I had a Chihuahua/terrier mix dog at the time, who was pretty small. I habitually carried him under my arm, and was doing so when I let the guy in. Freckles didn't even bark, growl, etc. No threatening movements or sounds at all. The next is the gist of what happened.The guy looked at him and said, "if that dog bites me, I'm going to sue." Now, I understand being afraid of dogs, even ones the size of a clutch handbag. So, I said I'd put him up in one of the bedrooms (we didn't have a yard at this house.) He told me that wasn't good enough and repeated his words about suing if he was bitten. "I don't have a backyard." "Not good enough. Put him outside."

Yeah, like I was going to put my dog out front on the sidewalk in the city where he would likely become lost or be hit by a car. So I said, "Sir, you'll have to leave my house and send someone else." "Okay, put him in the bedroom." At that point, I wasn't comfortable, so I just said, "No, now I want you to leave and call someone else." He left. Long story short, *two* guys showed up later. I picked Freckles up and had him under my arm again when I answered the door. They almost fell over laughing, told me the previous guy had reported a vicious dog and uncooperative resident.

Never. But I told my MIL once that if she ever used “racist term for an African-American person” in order to describe an African-American ever again, that I’d kick her out and I would not be apologizing for it. I won’t repeat the word here because I don’t want to get points.

A few times.

When I was in HS. Friends tried to break me out of the house. Took the screen off of my window trying to pull me out. I said no way I'll be dead if I do so. Told them to leave or I'm going to get killed. Which was true. I would of been killed and brought back to life so I could be grounded forever.

Neighborhood Kids Parents would disappear for several hours making me their babysitter of their kids with younger siblings in tow without even asking us if it was ok. They were not interested in playing with our kids. Just destroying the house and eating all the food they could eat. Our kids were so mad. I stopped all indoor playing after that happened repeatedly. Kids would still come over asking to play inside, yet couldn't play outside with our kids because their parents were leaving. I told them to go home. The only kids that were allowed over indoors from that point on were our kids closest friends aka our part of our family kids we as called them.

Solicitor that wouldn't leave. Had to threaten the police to get them to leave. After that we bought a sign and refused to answer the door.

When I was a senior in high school I dated a guy for about 3 months. He was very forward, made himself at home the first time he came to my parents house by looking for Twinkies in the kitchen cabinets and then my dad was in the shower and he just walked right in to use the toilet. I was in an office education program that let me leave school and work and he would have flowers sent to the office I worked at. He was just really weird. I stopped taking his phone calls and then one day he showed up at our door. I told my mom not to answer it. He started banging on the door. That’s when I finally had had enough and opened the door and said some words I can’t repeat here. At least he got the message.

Twice. Both times it was an ex sister in law, who didn't get the message the first time~

Never. But I told my MIL once that if she ever used “racist term for an African-American person” in order to describe an African-American ever again, that I’d kick her out and I would not be apologizing for it. I won’t repeat the word here because I don’t want to get points.

Hey! Sounds like we have the same in-laws! What a treat....I decided not to deal with them anymore and moved on with my life without a backward look. Ahhhhhhh

But to answer the OP's question - no, luckily I have not had to deal with that specific situation.

I only did it once and it was to my daughter. She graduated from Tulane, came home and settled in. She expected to live with us while she saved up money for a down payment on a house. She also had a boyfriend (eventually her husband) and the daily routine was she would come home from work, shower, have dinner (my nickel) and her boyfriend would pick her up and head for his place. (I assume to play video games) stay there overnight only to be deposited back to my place for her to shower and have breakfast, perhaps throw some clothes in the wash (that her mother had to put in the dryer and sort for her) and it was off to work. That was a rinse and repeat for a number of months.

Don't get me wrong, I love the hell out of that girl. We spend hours chatting and she is now responsible and hard working. I loved her then as well, but I didn't feel that I was helping her grow by tolerating her behavior so I unceremoniously said one morning that since they wanted to play house that they might as well do it for real. I told her that I would be bringing her stuff to his place the next day and I did. She was a little upset, but it was only for a short time. She quickly found out what was involved with playing house and not just the fun stuff. But, they stayed together for 25 years now and, on the surface, at least, it has all worked out. I, in fact. had dinner at their place tonight. I'm the freeloader now. :)

Last edited:
Kind of but nothing extreme. We had to cut my daughter’s birthday sleepover short when one guest played an prank on another making a huge mess and did not admit to it until a few days later even though we knew who it was. We ended up calling all the parents to pick up their kids. Obviously they kids were not literally kicked out 😂 They were 11.

Never, but I threatened it once. My (toxic and awful) parents were visiting and, talking about a recent election, my father scoffed and said, “I think your mother voted to legalize gay marriage!” I replied, “I should hope so. Let’s put it this way, anyone who didn’t vote for marriage equality should leave my house right now.” He got reallllll quiet and never did tell me which way he voted. :rolleyes:

Once, but we resolved it and it didn't happen. My sister (who does not have kids) was criticizing my children and my parenting and she was using language we didn't allow in our home (due to the age of our kids at the time.) I told her she had two choices - knock it off or leave. Thankfully, she chose to knock it off.

In a way once. My neighbor is a general contractor and he had a worker redoing our bathroom. The guy was in it cursing his head off and being really angry. I was by myself and my dh came home from work (the guy had stepped out by this time) and told my neighbor this guy is fired.

I don’t think we ever actually kicked anyone out, but we did have a few that we didn’t invite over anymore, mostly kids whose behavior was obnoxious, like the twin boys who ganged up physically on DS, the “friend” who tried to start a social media account using our name and email address, the kid that broke many things around our house including pocket and sliding doors as well as put a hole in our wall, things like that. (Most of the kids friends were great, though!)

Growing up DB had a longtime, good friend who, as a young adult, robbed our house due to drug use. My mother was devastated as she’d known him since he was little, and she just couldn’t believe he would do something like that to us, which included stealing a sentimental piece of jewelry from her as well as cash. DB later in life gave him another chance, thinking he’d changed. The friend had gone to him with a sob story so DB let him stay over one night. Needless to say, he robbed again! That was the end of that friendship, sadly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter