How many tastings/mixologys on 4-night cruise?

NOLA_Tink

Jambo, y'all!
How many are usually scheduled on a 4-night cruise and when do they normally happen? My DH loves sampling and learning about adult beverages, so these will be must-do activities for us. I've looked at a few recent 4-night Personal Navigators and don't see a lot of options listed. Thanks!!

The tastings aren't always listed in the Navigator. On my upcoming cruise, I know the following were available to book online: champagne, wine, rum, mixology and mojito. I believe I saw a whiskey and a chocolate and liqueur tastings, but I'm not 100% on that. There could have been more. Not all tastings are available to book online prior to sailing. More options are available to book on embarkation day.

We were just on a 4-night and most of them were not in the Navigator. There were at least two a day. The mojito one was actually in one of the bars on Castaway Cay instead of on the ship, which was a bonus.

Thanks for the great responses & helpful information! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. :) Since our booking window isn't open, and we haven't cruise on DCL before, I wasn't sure what to expect. Good to know that they are't usually listed in the Navigators because I was getting a little confused, haha. We love doing the wine & beverage seminars at Food & Wine, and we've done a really fun mixology on NCL. I'm really looking forward to these. Thanks, again!!

I just was able to book my activities for a 4 day in June and you can add Tequila/margarita, bourbon, and martini tasting to the list. There were two champagne tastings and the first one was sold out (90 days), as was the rum tasting. There were at least two mixology classes.

The Navigator you receive when you check in will tell you where to go to sign up for the tastings. Check some of the first day Navigators for placement on the page. I have seen Guest Services listed. Last September on the Fantasy we went to one of the bars to sign up for the tastings.

According to a Navigator posted for this week you can sign up for tastings in La Piazza, Deck 4, Aft.

Will a new cruiser be able to sign up for tastings, or will everything be booked up by the time the booking window opens. I’m just trying to prepare them or would you recommend booking once onboard. I’m platinum, but my grandson and his GF are on their first ever cruise with us.

Will a new cruiser be able to sign up for tastings, or will everything be booked up by the time the booking window opens. I’m just trying to prepare them or would you recommend booking once onboard. I’m platinum, but my grandson and his GF are on their first ever cruise with us.

The spots available for online booking will likely be all filled by the time 1st time cruisers can book, but there are plenty more spots available to book once on board.

Last May, we traveled with another family who were 1st time cruisers. I booked a Mixology class as a Gold CC, but no spots were available in any of the tastings by the time they could book. When we boarded, we went to Guest Services because we had another issue to deal with and while there, we asked about spots open in the Mixology class I was signed up for. There were several spots in that class open and my friends were able to sign up right there at GS.

The spots available for online booking will likely be all filled by the time 1st time cruisers can book, but there are plenty more spots available to book once on board.

Last May, we traveled with another family who were 1st time cruisers. I booked a Mixology class as a Gold CC, but no spots were available in any of the tastings by the time they could book. When we boarded, we went to Guest Services because we had another issue to deal with and while there, we asked about spots open in the Mixology class I was signed up for. There were several spots in that class open and my friends were able to sign up right there at GS.

Thanks for the info. So he should go and sign up onboard once he gets on the ship. We’re platinum, his folks are gold, but this is his first cruise. Can other people book for him onboard or does he have to do it.

I have a friend on the Magic right now, and he confirmed what some have reported on here - the tastings available for pre-booking are the only ones offered now.

I have a friend on the Magic right now, and he confirmed what some have reported on here - the tastings available for pre-booking are the only ones offered now.

I’ll write to my TA and double check with her. Thanks.

I was on the Dream in Feb. Tastings were all booked by cruise time, but I managed to scheduled in the Beer, Wine, and Whiskey. Each one had 2-5 people that were no-shows, including my wife for 2, because the kids didn't want to go to the clubs. I'd take note of the times / locations, and show up to see if you can slip in if there are no shows...

We just got off the Magic for a 5 day. The tastings were Champagne, Rum, Whiskey, Cognac, Mixology, Wine, Tequila, Mojito, and Chocolate/Liquor. We did the Rum, Whiskey, Cognac, Tequila, and Chocolate. Always check in to see if there are spots open. Our favorite were the Rum and Chocolate. The tequila one was a lot of fun but um not necessarily the best idea in the middle of the afternoon especially before Palo diner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter