How many resale offers did you make before one was accepted?

This is really helpful to me! Scary though. I want to sell my BCV and buy back at Boulder Ridge..... Prices look pretty good, I did not even think about offering less than the list price.

This is really helpful to me! Scary though. I want to sell my BCV and buy back at Boulder Ridge..... Prices look pretty good, I did not even think about offering less than the list price.

It depends on the list price. I bought one contract at full price because it was far lower than other listings. The other one I haggled over for a few rounds before coming to a deal.

I may end up buying your BCV .. if the price is right! :) (And Feb UY ;) )

Want to share what you are looking for? Understand if not but could help if you have others looking for you as well!

I absolutely don't mind sharing, thank you! 150-200ish points at either Saratoga or AK. Ideally would have 2017 points but not an absolute deal breaker if it's a good deal otherwise. Under $100 a point. We normally travel in mid to late January and sometimes mid November pre Thanksgiving.

One broker we are having issues with because they claim to update their listings around midnight. I'll see a new listing that fits our needs and budget first thing in the morning and call as soon as the office is open. Oh that ones been sold. Then remains listed as available for several days. This happened a dozen times I swear.

We do have a verbal offer out now on an AK contract but the broker has not been able to get in touch with the seller yet. 160 points for about $93/pt fully loaded. I can't remember use year right now.

I absolutely don't mind sharing, thank you! 150-200ish points at either Saratoga or AK. Ideally would have 2017 points but not an absolute deal breaker if it's a good deal otherwise. Under $100 a point. We normally travel in mid to late January and sometimes mid November pre Thanksgiving.

One broker we are having issues with because they claim to update their listings around midnight. I'll see a new listing that fits our needs and budget first thing in the morning and call as soon as the office is open. Oh that ones been sold. Then remains listed as available for several days. This happened a dozen times I swear.

We do have a verbal offer out now on an AK contract but the broker has not been able to get in touch with the seller yet. 160 points for about $93/pt fully loaded. I can't remember use year right now.

Are you on email lists? That's how I bought both of mine. I emailed them back almost immediately. I found that most listings that I was interested in were already in contract by the time they were put on the website. I'm looking to add another small contract so I'm signed up for emails for all of the major DVC resale agencies.

Are you on email lists? That's how I bought both of mine. I emailed them back almost immediately. I found that most listings that I was interested in were already in contract by the time they were put on the website. I'm looking to add another small contract so I'm signed up for emails for all of the major DVC resale agencies.

Yup on all the lists and have downloaded several apps too.

Two listing

First listing was already taken by the time the broker responded, he was very slow to respond anyway I can only imagine the rest of the process if that had gone through.

Second listing I saw just out of pure luck when I was playing around, called the broker and put in a offer (asking price) because the asking price I felt was fair and the contract had some banked points.

Last edited:
It depends on the list price. I bought one contract at full price because it was far lower than other listings. The other one I haggled over for a few rounds before coming to a deal.

I may end up buying your BCV .. if the price is right! :) (And Feb UY ;) )

No, it is June, lol. I am more interested in the future purchase of a resale at WLV.(BR). I feel so inexperienced, we owned the other contract as original direct owners for so long. Never added on. I just bought 25 at BR, direct, to keep the perks and our blue cards.

So people seem to report that the loaded contracts : a-go fast (or are overpriced) and b-get pulled more often at ROFR? I do not really care about it being loaded. I just dread being too late over and over. We will not try to buy until the other is sold, so not ready yet to pull the trigger. I am using my time now to make spreadsheets of current and recent BR sales, so I have a better idea what is reasonable. (I do not need the deal of the century)

No, it is June, lol. I am more interested in the future purchase of a resale at WLV.(BR). I feel so inexperienced, we owned the other contract as original direct owners for so long. Never added on. I just bought 25 at BR, direct, to keep the perks and our blue cards.

So people seem to report that the loaded contracts : a-go fast (or are overpriced) and b-get pulled more often at ROFR? I do not really care about it being loaded. I just dread being too late over and over. We will not try to buy until the other is sold, so not ready yet to pull the trigger. I am using my time now to make spreadsheets of current and recent BR sales, so I have a better idea what is reasonable. (I do not need the deal of the century)

you should consider the foreclosure sales through Orange County... there are some good to great deals and there isn’t a ROFR to contend with

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter