How Many Photo Packages Do You Purchase?

Madi100

DIS Veteran
We've always allowed the photographe to take our picture. However, on this last trip, I think we went a little overboard on them. In the past, we've come home with either none of just one family picture that some passerby was nice enough to take. So, this time, we did a lot. How many do you usually do, and which one is your favorite to buy?

My husband, DD, and I went in Jan. with my parents, and we had the photographer take a picture of us at all four parks. In MK, in front of the Castle, at Epcot, in front of SE, at MGM, in front of the hat, and at AK, in front of the Tree of Life. We bought one package of each (two 5X7 and 4 wallets) and alternated paying (so we paid for two, and my parents paid for two.). I found a cute picture frame in the shape of the castle that I put all four pictures in and have sitting on a shelf in my house. I love it and it's a great memory of our trip. Of course, it did help that we had someone to split the cost with us; otherwise it would have been a bit expensive!

In December, we got packages at MK, AK and Chef Mickey's ... I think next time we'll just stick to MK or Chef Mickey's :p. They're all really nice but they get a little expensive after a while :p

We buy way too many!! But, we decided that this time, we won't do any of the ride photos. Probably will go with one from a restaurant. We do like the ones as we enter the parks. The one from Epcot last summer is incredible. THe one from MK is barely fair!! We buy them instead of other 'stuff'.

many:
MK
Epcot
MGM
Tower of Terror
Rock and roller coaster
Test track
buzz lightyear(new)
splash mountain
Dinosaur

We buy all the ones that they take when you first get to the parks, we buy the ones at Chef Mickey's and the Hoop De Doo. The ride photos we usually buy. The one that never comes out right with all 5 of us is the one on Test Track. Out of all the times we have gone, we only bought the one on Test Track once.

siac - I didn't know they had photos on Space Mountain (I've never gone on it - I'm too chicken!!).

I try to include the pictures in our souvenier budget.

Here is my photo tip. We never buy the ride photos because they usually don't come out well and with a baby we are usually not all in the same photo. We instead have as many non attraction photo ops taken as possible. We do this at MGM because there are a lot of places to have pictures taken (hat, scorcerer mickey, mike and sulley, al's toy barn, lilo and stitch, etc.) All of the photos can be picked up in the photo shop at the front of MGM. They sell packages and you can mix and match different poses into the packages. They also keep the photos in their system for 4 or 5 days so we go back a second day and have more photos taken especially if one didn't come out well the prior day. We end up with several poses and sizes and a price that fits into our budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter