How long was your (family, friends, whoever) engagement

Met online in April 2000, Met in person in September 2000. Did the long distance thing -I was in Philly, He was in Roanoke area of VA and I moved there in Jan 2002. Got engaged Oct 9th 2002, married Oct 4th 2003.

We met online and in person the same week. We got engaged after 2 weeks. I was technically still married to my 2nd husband and had to wait for divorce to be final. Three months later we were married (and pregnant). We met in February and married in May. 27 awesome years this year.

Met Nov 2007 got engaged March 2009 and married that July. This will be our 15th anniversary

We met online and in person the same week. We got engaged after 2 weeks. I was technically still married to my 2nd husband and had to wait for divorce to be final. Three months later we were married (and pregnant). We met in February and married in May. 27 awesome years this year.
We met online too. 😍

Met January 1980, engaged May 1980, married February 1981.

My parents graduated HS 1954, started dating Sophmore year of HS and married 1955 and had me 1956.

My DS got engaged March 2019, married November 2020. They were going to get married April 2020 but covid hit, postponed until November. One way or the other, they were going to get married in November even if it was just parents at the courthouse. They were able to have 50 guests at the wedding and nobody got covid!

My wife and I were engaged for 2-1/2 years. (We were both in college and wanted to finish before getting married.) We've been married for over 35 years.

We dated a year before getting engaged. I moved in with him around that time and we were married 10 months later. We were “older” almost 30 and 34 when we started dating. Been married 22 years now.

For those who have been/are married, or know people who are... how long was the engagement, and for that matter, how long did you date before engagement?

The reason I ask is DS informed us last night that he's going to propose to his GF at some point this year. They started dating freshman year of HS and are currently in their sophomore year of college. He said they will wait until getting out of school before getting married (so at least 2 1/2 years).

I proposed on our 1 year anniversary (at WDW :D), and we got married 15 months later.

One of DW's church friends were engaged for 7 years before finally getting married.

Congratulations!!!! How exciting!! We were engaged for 18 months, it's almost a necessity where we live in NJ if you want to plan a reception of any kind. This was decades ago but recent engagements in the family show that nothing has changed.. LOL Everything books up so fast. I think 2.5 years will give them plenty of time to plan whatever is a perfect wedding for them and still have time to finish school. :)

My husband and I were engaged for 7 months before we were married, but we met 11 years before that. We dated on and off for years, had a child together (that was planned) 6 years after we met, bought a house together 8 years after we met, and then got engaged 10 years after we met. I really did not plan on getting married. The proposal was a total surprise. I even told him I had to think about it, LOL:rotfl: (The proposal itself was very lame.) Anyway, here we are about to celebrate our 5th year anniversary.

I was engaged at Christmas of my freshman year of college. Rather than move him, or wait until my graduation, I switched after sophomore year to go to school locally to finish. So, got married after 18 month engagement.

DD25's engagement will be just over 1 year. Both of them are out of school. DD22's will be close to 1.5 years, but fiance is still in grad school. Not that I think that needs to stop them from getting married, but he does, and it will be nice to have a year gap between 2 daughters' weddings.

Congratulations!!!! How exciting!! We were engaged for 18 months, it's almost a necessity where we live in NJ if you want to plan a reception of any kind. This was decades ago but recent engagements in the family show that nothing has changed.. LOL Everything books up so fast. I think 2.5 years will give them plenty of time to plan whatever is a perfect wedding for them and still have time to finish school. :)
Thanks. Apparently GF already has everything planned. We'll see what happens when they start getting prices. Lol

We were engaged May 2018 and married July 2019. We dated for 5-6 years before that, but we were also waiting on my divorce being finalized. I was very much separated when DH and I met as ex and I lived in different states and had no interest in reconciling and no communication. It just took awhile for the courts to do their thing and I had to refile when we moved from NY to PA and had to delay to establish residency and then hire someone to track the ex down so I could serve him again. A divorce with no children, no real estate, and no real marital assets to speak of should NOT have taken that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter