How long to check in?

mitcam

"Hooked"onPeter Pan
This will be our first cruise with DCL and I was trying to anticipate how long check in will take?

We will have our own rental car and 3 in our party will be dropped off at the port while the 4th returns the car to Budget? (I heard this was the best option?)

Will our 4th have a problem finding us? Is the Port mayhem?

We were counting on checking luggage port side? (is that the right term?) As our 2 young kids will be there and no help at all with luggage!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Check-in at the port is pretty quick and painless, especially if you have your paperwork filled out before you get there. You can pull up to the port and drop off your bags and three passengers. The porters will take care of the bags, and everyone else can head inside, while the fourth person returns the car.

There are a lot of check-in lines, and it usually only takes a few minutes per group. The person who returns the car shouldn't have too much problem finding you. When we arrive, my wife always goes a grabs a spot in line while I check us in, and I've never had a problem finding her in the line. The terminal can get kind of crowded right before they begin boarding (usually around 12:15pm), but if you get there at around 11:00am, you'll have no problems.

Originally posted by Señor Ferrari <B>When we arrive, my wife always goes a grabs a spot in line while I check us in, and I've never had a problem finding her in the line. </B>

Hi Senor...

I don't know how you did this so easily..

They were checking passports and I.D. carefully and everyone had to be present at check in - so they could make sure the right people were really getting on the ship.

But still - it was pretty fast...

>>^..^<<

Our last cruise was after 9/11 and I was the only one present to check the family in. The rest of the crew waited in line then I joined them after I was done. It went fast, just have all doc's filled out and passports or birth cert. ready. Also be prepared in case they do compare each guest to their ID. Must be new since our last cruise. Kathy

>>^..^<<,

Well, we haven't cruised DCL in a while, so it wouldn't surprise me if things have changed, given the super-hyper-mega-yellow-orange-magenta alert status lately. Even shortly after 9/11, I was allowed to check us in while my wife waited in line. This was back when they had National Guards at the port carrying unloaded M-16s. I was wondering if they'd need to see her and her passport at the same time when I checked in, but they didn't. They did want photo ID and your room key before boarding at the port, just like at the airports.

My DH and I just cruised on 2/22/03, and I was told by a DCL rep at the port that I could have checked in my DH if I had his docs and passport (as Señor Ferrari has experienced in the past), while he returned the rental car. This would have worked out perfectly. The lines for check-in were a little long, I waited maybe 15 minutes - which seemed like forever. I then had about an hour in the boarding line, which actually went quickly!

Of course, we had assumed that I couldn't check him in, so (for some reason that doesn't make sense now) he decided to keep his passport, and then check himself in later while I waited in the boarding line. Trust me, don't do this if you can help it - I was near the front of the line, and when they were about to start boarding, my DH was still not in line with me! I was going CRAZY. Finally, after they had boarded the concierge guests and was about to start general boarding, and a CM yelled out, "Is everyone ready to cruise?", my DH comes running up, ready to go. Perfect timing, although a nervewracking start to a fabulous vacation.

They did ask for photo ID (18 and older) and KTTW when you board.

April

Hi there...

Maybe it is for the international guest only? We are Canadian...
maybe it is not required for US citizens

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter