• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long did or will it take you to complete your Bachelors?

4 1/2 years. 5 years chronologically, but i was going part-time for the last year.

i'm graduating in 3.5 years with a major in biochemistry and a minor in art history. i came in as a spring semester student, which is some lame thing my school makes like 50 people do a year. i was one of the lucky ones who knew what i wanted to do coming in to college though, i wouldn't be graduating this semester if i didn't know. i have so many friends who struggled to figure out their senior year what the classes they took over the 4 years accounted for. required classes can be a pain, which is definitely what i found. i did have to take 2 classes over the summer to make up for the credits i missed, it also helped that i was in a bunch of choir groups counting for 1 credit a semester. i don't recommend doing what i did. the stress level will really get to you, i honestly can't wait to graduate to get away from all the competitive people in the field. unfortunately, i don't have any clue what kind of job i'm going to have next year. bleh. :confused3

graduate school on the other hand is like 2-8 years depending on what you want to do (masters or phd) and the school's program you are going in to. i think i'd rather die than go to school for another 8 years! haha. :p

OK, I can probably beat all of you!
I'm new to this segment of the DisBoards, but this thread caught my eye.
I graduated H.S. in 1991!!!
I went straight to community college for 2 years. I was 3 credits away from my associate's.
I changed my major from early childhood education to computer programming.
Stared at UMSL (Missouri-St. Louis), and did that for a year and a half.
Then I decided to change majors AGAIN to Architecture. :crazy: (that's where I stayed, BTW)
So I transferred to Washington University. (I found out that VERY FEW of the previous classes at the other schools would transfer, so it was more like starting over)
I was there for a year, then I moved to Jacksonville, FL. (I was there for 2 years, all the while taking classes at a community college, hoping to transfer them back to WU)
I moved back to St. Louis, tried to transfer my credits from Florida, and couldn't. :confused3
So all I had at this point was the year at WU from before, and a few loose credits here and there.
SO...I stuck it out, and NOW...FOURTEEN years later :hourglass ...I am graduating with my Bachelor's in Architectural Technology!!!!! :cheer2:
**WHEW**

P.S- It should also be noted that this was all part-time...I've had to work full time all through college. (so if you're going full time to school, you'll finish A LOT more quickly than I did!!! :sad2: )

I finished by bachelors in 3 1/2 years and am considering starting on my MBA. With a F/T gig, a wife who stays at home and a 2 year old that may not happen though.

ChrizJen, It's actually going to take me longer than it took you.
I graduated in 1992. I hope to be finished in 2008 (also going p/t)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter