• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long after sending in $$ did you "close"?

BraveMom3

DIS Veteran
I was wondering how long it takes to hear from DVC after receiving the $$$ and signed papers? Mine was received by DVC about a week and a half ago, but have not heard anything from them. What do you get next? How long? I don't feel official yet!:o

We sent our down payment in Dec of 97 and we closed at the end of Feb. It took a little over a month after we sent our papers in. Hang on, your almost there.

Remember, there is a two week cooling off period before they can do anything (beginning with the date you sign the final papers). Our closing was delayed a bit due to some change in the POS that we had to be able to consider and reaffirm our decision to join. We signed papers at the end of August and closed in the middle of October. Original closing was supposed to be about a month after we signed the papers.

hi: it also depends on how busy they are. for our first contract it took about a month. when we added 150 points last fall before bwv sold out, it took about a month and a half because so many people were trying to get the last of bwv and okw.

Our initial contract took about four weeks. The add-ons took about three weeks. It would have been sooner if not for the cool-down period. The longest pain to deal with was a resale. We have been trying to get it closed for six weeks and still looks like it is about two weeks out. Believe it or not; I paid extra for a rush!!! I am not sure how long it would have taken if I didn't...

I just did a contract....took 4 weeks and 3 days to close (but who's counting?);)

Hang in there....you're almost HOME!

What is the "cooling off period"? This was a cash purchase. Do you still have a delay to "close"? Thanks.

Doesn't matter if it's a cash purchase. There is a two week cooling off period in which you can cancel your transaction without penalty. As far as I know, it is a consumer protection law that cannot be waived.

We depositd on Oct 9. Received paerwork about 10 days later. We made second payment the 1st week of November. We then received a letter in Dec saying our deed was recorded. WE received the actual deed the first week of January. In betwen we received our membership book and tote bag and a plastic license plate.

I put down my deposit on June 19, and closed on July 17. I was told that by paying cash, I would close faster than those financing by about a week. On my add-on still waiting to close, but they estimated about 5 weeks from the initial call. Check your paperwork, they'll be an estimated closing date in there, that will give you a good idea when they expect to close your contract.

Thanks all. It's kinda difficult to shell out that much "moolah" and not have anything in your hand!!;) Also, I kinda closed my eyes, and jumped before I could talk myself out of it, and now I need something to show that it's real!!:D I did read in some of my notes that it takes 15 days to record, so in any event it shouldn't be much longer.

264 days to go, but who's counting!!:earsgirl: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter