how far from Aulani to Waikiki

Mazz519

DIS Veteran
About how long is the drive from Kolina (aulani) to downtown Waikiki and how far is it from Pearl Harbor.... Just trying to get an idea of what we should plan..Thanks

To downtown Waikiki it about 30 minutes or so depending on the time of day (it's very easy to get there, traffic gets backed up going into Waikiki once off the highway). We went to Pearl Harbor from Waikiki so I'm not sure of the exact time from Aulani but thinking its not more then 45 minutes.

To downtown Waikiki it about 30 minutes or so depending on the time of day (it's very easy to get there, traffic gets backed up going into Waikiki once off the highway). We went to Pearl Harbor from Waikiki so I'm not sure of the exact time from Aulani but thinking its not more then 45 minutes.

Thank You

We just got back from Aulani and the drive was over an hour due to traffic to get to Wakiki beach. We left the resort around 3:30ish and the traffic was pretty heavy. We parked at the Honolulu zoo which has a public paid parking and just cross the street and you are at the beach and you can start walking on down.

If you want to be at the other end, a local suggested we park at the Ala Moana Shopping center which was free and then you can take the trolley down which I believe is a $1 a person.

Have fun and bring lots of money to shop.

So if I have a tour that meets at the Ala Moana Hotel in Waikiki at 8:30 on a Thursday, will I be okay leaving the Aulani area at 7:30 a.m. or should I allow more time?

So if I have a tour that meets at the Ala Moana Hotel in Waikiki at 8:30 on a Thursday, will I be okay leaving the Aulani area at 7:30 a.m. or should I allow more time?

That's during morning rush hour. If that were me I'd leave at 7 just in case. You can use the carpool lane going down (assuming there's two or more in your group) but traffic backs up in Waikiki like a PP said.

If you decide to do Pearl Harbor I would allow The better part of the day for it. When my husband and I went we were surprised that they had scheduled tours - we got there around 1:00 but had to wait until 2:30 for our tour - which wasn't a problem because there was plenty to see in the museum and such but we couldn't schedule any other tours because there wasn't enough time afterwards. Well worth the trip though.
If you've rented a car take a ride up to the north shore.

How is the traffic going Waikiki to Pearl harbor in the morning? Backed up? Or not so bad because everyone is going into Waikiki not out of it?

You can make reservations for Pearl Harbor. Only so many can go over on each boat, so they only give out so many tickets per hour.

How is the traffic going Waikiki to Pearl harbor in the morning? Backed up? Or not so bad because everyone is going into Waikiki not out of it?

If you are heading to Pearl Harbor from Waikiki in the morning it depends, we were staying in a condo closer to Ala Moana Mall and it was about a 20 minute drive. If you were further down Waikiki it might take a bit longer but not much.

The traffic is mostly coming in to Honolulu, so you are going the opposite way, but they have these weird alternating lanes, so there is one less lane going out of town towards Pearl Harbor, because of this is not total smooth sailing out to Pearl Harbor but it moves at a nice pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter