how far are the garden wing rooms from the Contemporary Tower?

VirginiaMom

Bigger Disney fan since having kids!
I'm already a little over budget staying at the Contemporary. I don't want to get there and have to walk a mile to get to the monorail..... that would upset me. If it's only a 5 minute walk, that's not a big deal. Thanks!!

It's a 5 minute or less walk.

To me, too far. We did a split garden wing/tower a few weeks ago and I really did not like staying at the garden. It was far from everything. For the price, you better off doing a mod or even value for the inconvenience it is from everything in my opinion.

I won't stay in the garden wing again.

I preferred the garden rooms( I know I am weird)But it felt much more quieter and serene.It is really not that far of a walk.5 mins or less.But if you are a person who likes eveything literally a step away you may be disappointed.The walkway to the Mk is close, and I prefer to use it more than the monorail if I can.

The South Garden Wing is a wonder place to stay. Less than five minutes to the main building. And you don't have to wait for elevators to go up and down from your room.

I hadn't thought about the elevators. Good point there!

Our biggest interest is minimizing the time on a crowded bus. In past years, when we took a bus from the MK to the hotel, we've had to wait 20 minutes waiting for the bus and then 15 minutes standing on a crowded bus. That killed me (especially with two young kids). Walking five minutes from my room to the monorail is not a big deal for me. If I had more money, then I'd definitely stay in the tower, but I'm already splurging to stay on the monorail!
Thanks for your help!!

Don't forget when going to the Magic Kingdom you can also use the walkway when going there, which might be faster since the Monorail will also stop at the TTC, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian before arriving. However when leaving the Magic Kingdom the Contemporary is the next stop, so that's good to know since you will have two young kids with you.

I hear that the North Wing (which got demolished) was closer to the MK, while the South Wing is closer to the Convention Center.

Do you know how far a walk it is from the South wing to the MK? I read somewhere that it was a 10 minute walk from the Contemporary to the MK, but I'm not sure about which part of the Contemporary they were referring to.

We just stayed in the south garden wing in October. I did not find the walk to the tower to be long at all (maybe 5 minutes at the most, but probably not even that long). The walk from there to the Magic Kingdom was not bad, either. It took maybe 15 minutes for us to get from our door to the MK gates. And that included me stopping to take a bunch of pictures :)

We will probably be staying at the CR again this year, and I will most likely book a room in the garden wing again. But then again, I like being out of the way, not in the midst of all the hustle and bustle of a busy resort.

I just stayed in the wing in December. Honestly, it isn't a far walk to the tower, 5 minutes give or take is about right, but when we were tired or anxious to get back to the room, it did feel like a hike. We were not in the closest room to the tower, once we came down the steps we had to walk past the pools and and then past the parking lot etc to get to the entrance closest to our room. I probably would not stay in the wing again. The room was nice and yes, it was quiet but I don't mind being in the thick of things so to speak so I wasn't too concerned with the quiet, I am more about convenience and closeness! I will say that I definately loved the walkway to the MK. I walked to MK several times on our trip and used it both to go and to come back. I preferred that over using the monorail especially on our way there, but a few times I did use the monorail on the way back since we were the first stop.

I don't have a holiday trip planned in 10 months etc....I just don't know how to get that darn timer off! I used it for our 12/08 trip and I think it started up after our day passed! I am going to try to do a May adult only trip for 4 nights so I am hoping to get a code!:cheer2: pixiedust: :joker:

We consider the garden wing to be the best resort value on the property.
The most economical way to stay on the monorail line.

The rooms are gorgeous (identical to the ones in the tower) and if you're lucky, some of the water views available are so close to the room you can literally throw a rock into the water from your 'back door'. Magical, peaceful, just pure 'Disney'.

Do NOT worry about the walk. It's five minutes, at most. And, there's so much to look at along the way you won't even notice it. It's a 'non issue' as far as we're concerned.

Best wishes to you for a *magical* time. ! pixiedust: (and quit worrying) ;)

We stayed at the garden wing that is still there, I think it is the north wing...we had a room right at the entrance of that wing so the walk to the main buildings wasnt far at all.

We stayed at the garden wing that is still there, I think it is the north wing...we had a room right at the entrance of that wing so the walk to the main buildings wasnt far at all.

That's the south wing. The north wing area is now the location of Bay Lake Tower, the newest DVC resort at WDW.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest