How does the Quarrantine actually work for DVC members from New York?

I'm flying in from Philly and staying with a Cousin in Tampa to visit for a few days. Renting a car from airport so no ME and will have Florida plates most likely. I had a typo in my original post, we are staying June 28- Jul 2. and I barely like wearing a swimsuit in public much less singing in one :) We are not going to the park obviously but was looking forward to relaxing at the resort for a couple of days. With online check in I suppose they don't ask for license at front desk?

I don’t know and we will have to see how they decide to enforce it. Again, I still am hopeful that FL will be in Phase 3 shortly after resorts open and this will not be extended.

But, Disney could also have policies in place that they are doing due diligence that they put it out there, will ask questions, and take guests word that they have been truthful.

Personally, the fact that they have not said explicitly how It may be enforced could mean some level of the honor system...which seems to be the general response from CMs...please read the policy. I have back up plans just in case!

Just read this online...

How long the quarantine policy will remain in effect is unclear, despite more and more attractions in the state reopen to tourism.
Dr. Raul Pino, the director of the Florida Health Department in Orange County, told Click Orlando that he thinks the requirement is “likely to change.”
“My personal professional view, at this point it may not make much sense. We are opening the parks that we were before at levels that we were before, so I think we’re aiming to attract people to come,” he told the outlet.

Very strange that Covid19 cases in NY are dropping like a rock but Florida cases are spiking. Not to mention that New York is a very large State which is mostly rural and with large areas of wilderness. I live Upstate and very few cases. I guess Florida doesn't want my money anymore.

Quite possibly those who lie might get away with breaking the law. Then again, they might not. I read about people who were arrested in Hawaii for violating the quarantine when their social media posts gave them away. I love Disney but I personally would not lie and break the law in order to visit there.
I'm certainly not trying to advocate lying. My point was basically not to make restrictions you can't enforce.

I honestly have no idea what I should do at this point. We are coming from NY August 16 and I don't know if we should be cancelling at this point

I honestly have no idea what I should do at this point. We are coming from NY August 16 and I don't know if we should be cancelling at this point

I think there is time to see if anything changes. As of now, the state of emergency is slated to end July 7th...which is when EO 82 says it will end.

IMO, as I have think we will know more when he moves state into Phase 3...hopefully in a few weeks. He will either end It or make it clear it is extended.

Very strange that Covid19 cases in NY are dropping like a rock but Florida cases are spiking. Not to mention that New York is a very large State which is mostly rural and with large areas of wilderness. I live Upstate and very few cases. I guess Florida doesn't want my money anymore.

Testing in Florida has been nowhere near as high as NY.

Testing has ramped up a lot of the last 3 weeks. Big reason why we are seeing a spike here.

Local health officials not concerned as of now.

Orange County local health official says he also thinks the ban will be lifted soon.

And he (Blog Mickey) confirmed again, to be sure (against conflicting news reports)

Last edited:
The Seminole County Health Officials seemed quite frustrated on Thursday (2 weeks ago their 3 day average for percentage of positive cases was 1.233%, for the last 3 days it is 6.56%).
It will be interesting how the state moves forward from here. Do we just reopen everything or really do a county by county thing like has been done with the 3 South Florida counties

Testing in Florida has been nowhere near as high as NY.

Testing has ramped up a lot of the last 3 weeks. Big reason why we are seeing a spike here.

Local health officials not concerned as of now.

Orange County local health official says he also thinks the ban will be lifted soon.
I hope you are right on both points but Covid19 hospitalizations are spiking in Florida also. You can't explain that by saying testing is up.

The Seminole County Health Officials seemed quite frustrated on Thursday (2 weeks ago their 3 day average for percentage of positive cases was 1.233%, for the last 3 days it is 6.56%).
It will be interesting how the state moves forward from here. Do we just reopen everything or really do a county by county thing like has been done with the 3 South Florida counties
I think south Florida will lag 2 to 3 weeks behind rest of Florida. Although, there will be fans in the stands at Nascar in miami on Sunday. So who knows really.

I hope you are right on both points but Covid19 hospitalizations are spiking in Florida also. You can't explain that by saying testing is up.
I am just saying what I heard from, governor, health officials in orange county, healthy officials in palm beach county and the mayor of palm beach county. That's where my info comes from.

As a data nerd, I decided this week to track ICU beds in Orange County starting this week
On Monday there were 175 Occupied and 105 Available
Today 244 Occupied and 64 Available

Super small "sample size" (and I have no idea what is normal), but interesting to follow

As a data nerd, I decided this week to track ICU beds in Orange County starting this week
On Monday there were 175 Occupied and 105 Available
Today 244 Occupied and 64 Available

Super small "sample size" (and I have no idea what is normal), but interesting to follow
Since hospitals are open now for everything, do we have data that says everyone in the ICU is for covid?

That is important info

Since hospitals are open now for everything, do we have data that says everyone in the ICU is for covid?

That is important info
It is and it isn't all at the same time

When the beds are gone, they are gone. And that means anyone who needs them, for whatever reason, can't get one.
BUT, I do wish I had that info, but I have not been able to find it.

Executive order has been updated and has no expiration date at this time.

Not to sound like a broken record by the orders are still what they were in May with July 7th end date The one from June 3rd simply didn’t end it but said it kept it in play.

So, I don’t think anything new has come out in the past few days that said he won’t end it earlier or extended his state of emergency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter