• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does the Fast Pass work at TDR?

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I've read lots about the running for the Fast Passes, but how does it work in terms of getting subsequent Fast Passes? Can you get a new one when the time slot from your previous FP is over?

Thanks! I'm trying to come up with my strategy for my first visit :-)

I've read lots about the running for the Fast Passes, but how does it work in terms of getting subsequent Fast Passes? Can you get a new one when the time slot from your previous FP is over?

Thanks! I'm trying to come up with my strategy for my first visit :-)

You can get another at the beginning of your existing window or two hours from when you got the existing FP, whichever is earlier. This time will be printed on the bottom of the existing FP as well. This is still how it works at DLR and how it used to work at WDW.

Return windows are enforced.

You can get another at the beginning of your existing window or two hours from when you got the existing FP, whichever is earlier. This time will be printed on the bottom of the existing FP as well. This is still how it works at DLR and how it used to work at WDW. Return windows are enforced.

Thanks!!

Hi, our experience with FP's at the Tokyo Disney Resort was that the first one you have to wait around 1-2 hours to get a new FP but subsequent FPs you can obtain much quicker...

I have some notes from our trip in November that say the following:

Our next stop was the Tower of Terror to get some FP’s. We had gotten our first FP at 8:10ish and were able to get another at 9:15am. The FP return time at 9:30ish for Tower of Terror was already 11:25 – 12:15 so we grabbed those.

So as you can see we only had to wait an hour to grab our second. The notes go on to say we could get our third FP at 10:55am so that was about an hour and 35 minutes after the second FP.

Each day was different, but it definitely wasn't a 2 hour wait between each FP and we found ourselves not needing more than 3 (also by the time you go for your 4th most of the FP's were already assigned - they will mostly be assigned by lunchtime anyway because the Japanese really know how to use the system!).

We also didn't run in the mornings. Now we stayed on property (Miracosta) so we got into the parks 20 minutes earlier than opening for Tokyo Disney Sea and 15 minutes earlier than opening for Tokyo Disneyland. This was IMMENSELY helpful as we were ahead of the crowds. We saw the crowds running one morning and it was like a giant sardine can moving forward at record pace so we were glad we didn't have to experience that. If you can stay on property i'd highly recommend it for that reason alone, otherwise, get there an hour before opening (at least) to beat the crowds as the Japanese know to get their early and always do! Additionally the Japanese parks do have a 'no running' rule (it's written on the English guide map rules) however it seems that the cast members only half try to enforce it. It's so strange because the rest of Japanese society is so stringent about following rules :)

If you are interested in reading my full Tokyo Disney trip report the link is here

Hi, our experience with FP's at the Tokyo Disney Resort was that the first one you have to wait around 1-2 hours to get a new FP but subsequent FPs you can obtain much quicker... I have some notes from our trip in November that say the following: Our next stop was the Tower of Terror to get some FP’s. We had gotten our first FP at 8:10ish and were able to get another at 9:15am. The FP return time at 9:30ish for Tower of Terror was already 11:25 – 12:15 so we grabbed those. So as you can see we only had to wait an hour to grab our second. The notes go on to say we could get our third FP at 10:55am so that was about an hour and 35 minutes after the second FP. Each day was different, but it definitely wasn't a 2 hour wait between each FP and we found ourselves not needing more than 3 (also by the time you go for your 4th most of the FP's were already assigned - they will mostly be assigned by lunchtime anyway because the Japanese really know how to use the system!). We also didn't run in the mornings. Now we stayed on property (Miracosta) so we got into the parks 20 minutes earlier than opening for Tokyo Disney Sea and 15 minutes earlier than opening for Tokyo Disneyland. This was IMMENSELY helpful as we were ahead of the crowds. We saw the crowds running one morning and it was like a giant sardine can moving forward at record pace so we were glad we didn't have to experience that. If you can stay on property i'd highly recommend it for that reason alone, otherwise, get there an hour before opening (at least) to beat the crowds as the Japanese know to get their early and always do! Additionally the Japanese parks do have a 'no running' rule (it's written on the English guide map rules) however it seems that the cast members only half try to enforce it. It's so strange because the rest of Japanese society is so stringent about following rules :) If you are interested in reading my full Tokyo Disney trip report the link is here

Thanks, that info is really helpful! Unfortunately we can't spring for the Disney hotels, but will make sure to get there early!

Another question as we try to plan our strategy :-)

There will be two of us going and we plan to get there early for the morning FP dash! Is it possible for one of us to bring our tickets to the Monsters Inc FP kiosk to get FPs while the other goes to get a spot in line at Pooh?

There will be two of us going and we plan to get there early for the morning FP dash! Is it possible for one of us to bring our tickets to the Monsters Inc FP kiosk to get FPs while the other goes to get a spot in line at Pooh?

Yes, we do that. Though depending on how fast each of you are you might want to just meet at Pooh. As you will be there for opening the rides are no more than a 5-10 minute wait so you might get on even before the other even gets there. I just came back and I grabbed Space Mountain FP for us then decided to meet at Haunted Mansion but because I ran faster and was able to get the FP pretty quickly we met at the back of the castle.

We tried that but DLP is really into crowd control... meaning at rope drop you have to follow a CM to the back of the park (no running!). DH ended up catching up to me and we got in line at PHH at the same time.

Thanks for the advice! With all the crowds I've been hearing about, I want to make sure I have a strategy planned and know what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter