• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does it work if you purchase when you are not in WDW.

Terry S

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Just curious. Since I have come to realize that unfortunately, they are not going to pre-sell BCV when I am in WDW in 13 days, how does it work if I have to purchase when I am not there, I live in Michigan. What is the process? Does the whole process take longer. Would it just be better if I made another trip to WDW when BCV starts to pre-sell (hopefully January)? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Terry, it depends how quickly the sales are approved in your state. Earlier this year I know people from NY and CA and some other states has to wait a little longer to buy VWL due to approval by their state- has to do with each state's consumer protection laws. I don't remember if MI was one of them. But if it's not, don't worry, it is just as easy to send a check or give your CC over the phone as it is in person. They overnight all documents to you, and you will have to wait to close in the fall anyway so no need to make a special trip.

Would it just be better if I made another trip to WDW when BCV starts to pre-sell (hopefully January)?

Another trip to WDW is always a good plan!!

I'm not sure of your motivation to purchase a presell, but as long as DVC is registered to sell the property in your state, you can purchase over the phone easily. At this point, it is unknown (by me at least) what states will allow presales.

If your interest in a presell is because you worry that BCV will sell out in presale, IMHO, that is unlikely to happen. So, while I would never discourage a trip to WDW for any reason, why not wait until you have more information about sales for BCV until you plan that trip. You may be able to wait until you can actually stay at BCV.

Stay Tuned!

Doc, I guess I am assuming the sooner I purchase the sooner I would be able to make my reservations. Kind of like the 11 month window thing? Are you saying I would be able to purchase and stay there at the same time? Wouldn't everyone who already has points either from BCV or somewhere else be able to make ressies first?

Disney must get approval for sale of the particular timeshare in each state before it can sell in that state. Some take longer than others to approve, but once your state has approved, sale process is virtually the same as being there except for the time spent using the mail. You call and say you want to buy. You tehn send deposit check. Once they have it they send out all the papers to be signed (usually arrives in less than a week), you sign and have notarized (you will need to find a notary) and return in two-day mail delivery envelope provided. Whole process takes 10 to 14 days.

You cannot purchase there and stay there at the same time on points (unless by chance something was immediately available right after you purchase). Moreover, if you have and are using a cash ressie when you buy there, they will not give any credit to void that ressie.

Also, be aware of what usually happens for new buyers. If you have a particular time you want to go after you buy and you tell your sales rep at time of purchase, you are virtually certain to get what you want as they seem to be able to do that for new buyers.

Wouldn't everyone who already has points either from BCV or somewhere else be able to make ressies first?

Depending on when your "real" next trip will be, if you purchase over the phone, you will have a great ability to get a reservation at your home resort with assistance from your vacation guide. (Assuming your next trip is after the resort is available for point reservations.)

At this point, there is no indication from DVC what reservation policy will be in effect or how the points may be handled. Under the right set of circumstances, I assume that you can buy over the phone and have a reservation on points right when the resort actually opens. As with VWL, there was very limited availability for point reservations last Jan. I'm certain BCV will present a similar situation.

Stay Tuned!

Thanks again everyone. Doc, are next "real" trip I am hoping for October 2002 and was hoping to be able to do that at BCV. I was just figuring the sooner I buy the better chance I have of actually getting the ressies for the October 2002 trip if it is open and available for point ressies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter