• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do YOU use Newman's Own Balsamic Viniagrette???

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
Besides on salads, how else do you use this great dressing??

We use it as a steak marinade & for pasta salad. (Tri-color Rotini, 3 Bean Salad, marinated artichoke hearts & Newman's Own.)

I use Newmans Own, original, in chicken and seafood salad, it adds just the right zing!
Sounds like a commercial.;) I also like it over warm green beans or warm potatoes.

We used to use only the original for both the steak & pasta salad, but since finding the balsamic, well . ..

Thanks for the ideas! I never would have thought about these two. Sometimes, the green beans just need something & I think this fits the bill. We get tired of throwing in almonds & FF onion rings.

Have a nice day!

Don't think I've ever tried that one. Now I'm going to have too.

As a maribnade for chicken and then grill the chicken. Makes great chicken sandwiches if there is any chicken left.

I feel dumb - I've used it as a marinade for steaks, but never thought to use it for chicken! I guess because I had at least one that we liked, but now I can't wait to try it this way. Actually, I started using it on steak because I'm not crazy about beef & wanted something to jazz it up.

We already buy it a bunch at a time so we never run out, but now I'm going to have to buy it by the case!
;)

I love it as the condiment for deli sandwiches... especially with fresh tomatoes, ham, sharp cheddar or aged swiss, baby greens and sprouts...all in a pita...to die for! :)

(It's funny you should post this, I just got out the Newmans Own cookbook this weekend to find something to make this week...:D )

Robin

Hi, where did you find the newman's own cookbook. I didn't know he had one.

Here is a link to the book at Amazon... Newmans own

I got it a couple of years ago and love it, trying something new every once in awhile, and adapting some of them to fit our own tastes...I can't say it's the best cookbook I own, but I'd say it's in the top 10!! :)

Thank you, Robin. I just ordered the book online. I love Newman's products.

I use the vinagerett to marinate red onions and portobello mushrooms and grill them (or broil) and then chop them up and add them to salad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter