How do I love thee....let me count the days!! It's done.......

Finally caught up:

Sorry about the SUV. I love our SUV but it sounds like this Santa Fe one was not a good choice.

The room looks so pretty!

I'm glad you pointed out the steam from the train photo -- cool!

Love your bride/groom ears -- cute photo1

I really like the photo of you and WBG in front of the castle.

Elie has that baby Simba, too!

So nice that the hotel gave you the wine!

YAY YAY YAY on the Annual Passes --can't wait to hear what future trips are in store!

I didn't realize that the rest of the world (non-disney) is so close to Disneyworld. WDW is so sheltered from the "reality".

I am a weirdo. I wear my ears at home. I wear them at the computer to keep my hair out my eyes. And I think I am going to figure out how I can at least hang our bride and groom ones on the wall.

When we got back to the Ayres I asked about newspapers at the front desk, and they told me to take a couple from the lobby and I did. I know taht one of the best way to dry shoes is to stuff them with newspaper. We went up to the room and I took off my sopping wet shoes and my feet were black for the dye!! Oh the thrills!!:rotfl: I showered and the stain still didn't come off, it took several days to finally get it off.

We decided that because we were back early enough we would enjoy the cocktail hour at the hotel. We went downstairs and I had a couple of glasses of white zinfandel. I do not normally drink but it was medicinal.:laughing: I sat in a wonderfully soft chair in the lobby and enjoyed my wine and visited with a family visiting from Arizona. All in all another good experience. We really enjoyed the time in the lobby.

Another night back early and another night of ordering in. They had great pizza thankfully. WBG loves a pineapple and pepperoni pizza. Not my usual choice but I enjoyed it just the same. The bad weather had worn me out so I was asleep early. Hence I was awake again about midnight. Oh joy, awake with nothing on TV. And I had forgotten my booklight. Argh!! I finally fell back to sleep and was up and raring to go on Thursday morning. The first thing I did was look out the window. What a beautiful sight to behold! A dry parking lot and the sun was up and the clouds were non threatening!
Yay!!:cheer2:

I will be back with more later possibly.

I should TOTALLY wear mine at home! At least while I'm on the Dis. And I'm going to try the newspaper thing next time.

I'm glad you had sunshine on your last day.

YAY!! Updates!!!

Glad you guys had fun despite the rain

Love your Mickey Poncho

WBG's bear hat is very cool

Thanks for getting some Carsland pics for me..looks neat :woohoo::woohoo:

BTW>......goit the mail late today and was just looking at it and got your maps!!!!

Loving them...Thanks so much :goodvibes

A night in with wine and relaxing in lobby sounds great

How cool you got to go on Little Mermaid 3 times in a row :cool1:

Finally caught up:

Sorry about the SUV. I love our SUV but it sounds like this Santa Fe one was not a good choice.

The room looks so pretty!

I'm glad you pointed out the steam from the train photo -- cool!

Love your bride/groom ears -- cute photo1

I really like the photo of you and WBG in front of the castle.

Elie has that baby Simba, too!

So nice that the hotel gave you the wine!

YAY YAY YAY on the Annual Passes --can't wait to hear what future trips are in store!

I didn't realize that the rest of the world (non-disney) is so close to Disneyworld. WDW is so sheltered from the "reality".

The Santa Fe has no leg room at all. It was just awful.

The whole hotel was amazing. The bed was great!!

We really thought that train sign was cool.

Kody really wanted us to get the bride and groom ears. I was so glad that we had. We had a lot of fun with them.

The photopass photographer got some really cute photos of us. I am ordering the cd.

That Simba is soooo soft. I just could hug him.

That wine was such a nice gift. I really felt special that they thought to do that for us.

I think a lot of WDW regulars are surprised by how close the off property is. You can stay in an off property hotel and still be within walking distance. It can make a stay so much cheaper.

We have a couple of trips in the planning stage and I will share that all after I finish this trip up.

I should TOTALLY wear mine at home! At least while I'm on the Dis. And I'm going to try the newspaper thing next time.

I'm glad you had sunshine on your last day.

Yes, you should. It makes them more fun too!! The newspapers do work but you have to remember to change the paper several times. Your shoes don't shrink and become misshapen then.

YAY!! Updates!!!

Glad you guys had fun despite the rain

Love your Mickey Poncho

WBG's bear hat is very cool

Thanks for getting some Carsland pics for me..looks neat :woohoo::woohoo:

BTW>......goit the mail late today and was just looking at it and got your maps!!!!

Loving them...Thanks so much :goodvibes

A night in with wine and relaxing in lobby sounds great

How cool you got to go on Little Mermaid 3 times in a row :cool1:

We did!!

That poncho was such a ball to wear!

I love his bear hat on last night. He made me laugh last night when I was feeling kind of blue by putting the hat on and doing the manly look.:rotfl:

It looks amazing!! Kody saw the pictures and she felt that it really looks like the street.

Oh cool! I hope you enjoy them!! I also hope they give you an idea of what the parks are like.

It was wonderfully relaxing.

It was!! I love that ride!!

Got to read your TR this morning and you and your WBG got to do a lot at DCA.

Nice pictures of Cars Land and from MFW.

The food from WWS looks very good. I got to remember to eat there during my upcoming trip.

Got to read your TR this morning and you and your WBG got to do a lot at DCA.

Nice pictures of Cars Land and from MFW.

The food from WWS looks very good. I got to remember to eat there during my upcoming trip.

Thank you Bret. We did manage to do a lot with all the rain and the amount of pain he was in.

You should try the food. It is always so good!

I got caught up!!! Love all the pics......the pictures from Mickey's Wheel of Death are always fantastic.....I just can't bring myself to doing it for myself....but I love those birds eye view shots....especially of Carsland!!!!

The poncho was great......as was the fuzzy hat your hubby was sporting!!

I was up at the Hungry Bear on the trip, but it wasn't during a time I was hungry.....so I didn't eat there this trip. Which thinking back now is making me sad!! Oh well.........

I got caught up!!! Love all the pics......the pictures from Mickey's Wheel of Death are always fantastic.....I just can't bring myself to doing it for myself....but I love those birds eye view shots....especially of Carsland!!!!

The poncho was great......as was the fuzzy hat your hubby was sporting!!

I was up at the Hungry Bear on the trip, but it wasn't during a time I was hungry.....so I didn't eat there this trip. Which thinking back now is making me sad!! Oh well.........

I love the ferris wheel. Well at least as long as I have my side ans he has his. When he changed sides to take pictures from my side I had a mini meltdown.:rotfl:

I love that poncho!! His hat is great fun and is guaranteed to make me smile.

Well, now you need to plan a trip back just for that!!!:rotfl2:

Thursday morning we went and enjoyed a nice breakfast in the dining room at the Ayres. I loved having a warm breakfast in the morning. And the choices were good for everyone. We sat in the lobby and waited for the ART. I decided to take a few pictures of the lobby. They really are kind of dark. I'm sorry about that but it will give you an idea.

001-2.jpg

2012-02-16084451.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

When we got to the park we had a definite plan in mind. We needed to get to the Main Street Train station to talk to the person with the clip board to sign up to ride in the Lily Belle. This was the main thing that WBG wanted to do. We were lucky enough to able to ride in one of the two times that they were doing it. We were to be back at 5 pm.

006-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

Taken from the platform waiting for them to open and everyone was waiting for the rope to drop on Main Street. The was the biggest crowd we saw the whole trip.

2012-02-16101058.jpg

2012-02-16102208.jpg

These two were taken from the train platform waiting for the train with my cell phone.

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

I was trying to get photos on DCA from Disneyland to give my WDW friends an idea how close it all is together at the resort.

More later.

And we were on the train!! Yay!! I love the train!!

012-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

019-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

021-2.jpg

022-1.jpg

We rode that train over to Fantasyland/Toon Town station and disembarked. One of my favorite areas!!

The first place we headed was to Small World. I love this ride, the song may annoy me but I love the ride so much.

023-2.jpg

047-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

044-1.jpg

Sorry but we don't take a lot of pictures inside. I don't because as soon as I enter the ride I am the 7 year old girl seeing it for the first time.

036-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

031-2.jpg

030-2.jpg

More Small World to come!!

I love the ride too. I don't mind the song for the duration of the ride. I just don't like how it's stuck in your head for hours afterwards. :laughing:

Love the photos from the train. :)

And we go.......

029-2.jpg

028-2.jpg

027-2.jpg

026-2.jpg

025-2.jpg

024-2.jpg

048-1.jpg

After Small World we walked over to Toon Town!! Party time!! I love this area, it is just so fun!! I had a mission in mind though. One thing was I wanted a new set of ears for the day(who would have guessed?) Another was to get pictures of all the ears that they had to offer. I also had a few characters I was aiming to get pictures with!!

049-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

052-1.jpg

WBG loves this sign!!

053-1.jpg

My first destination!! Yay!!

I love the ride too. I don't mind the song for the duration of the ride. I just don't like how it's stuck in your head for hours afterwards. :laughing:

Love the photos from the train. :)

Me too. Honestly, I don't mind it unless I get stuck in there.:rotfl:

Thank you. Those were WBG. Tonight was the first time I really looked at them and it made me really want to be on the train.

YAY another update

That is cool how close DL and CA are :thumbsup2

Love the train at WDW too

:goodvibes

YAY another update

That is cool how close DL and CA are :thumbsup2

Love the train at WDW too

:goodvibes

I wanted to show how close it all is. From what I am getting from all of the WDW tripe reports I read there is much more space there.

Beautiful shots of Small World.....there are so many things to see. Love when the clock opens up!

ToonTown.....fun place to go camera happy!!! :cool1:

Just getting started with your TR...made it up to the Mark Twain ride on the first day.

Your hotel looks so nice! The breakfast looks good too.

I love the bride and groom years! I don't think I could talk my husband into wearing those. Maybe if they were Goofy-related. :) He wore my Goofy pirate hat when he took the kids trick-or-treating last fall.

I think my favorite PP picture so far is the one off to the side of the castle. You 2 look very happy. :goodvibes

Isn't it nice to just relax on the Mark Twain? Love the sound of the whistle and people watching as you lazily sail by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter