How do I convince DH to...

Rajah

DIS Veteran
...do the things that would allow us to save money and make a trip in November with DISCon possible?

I've suggested we do either the Courtyard at the $25 rate, or stay at a moderate.
... he doesn't like either option. For him, if we can't stay at a deluxe or the Swan/Dolphin, he doesn't want to go. For me, the point is we're *there* and I enjoy the moderates almost as much as the deluxes. We could save somewhere between $500-600 by staying at a moderate with a discount instead of even the S/D at the Government rate.

I've suggested we limit ourselves to an average of $100/day for a meal.
...he doesn't like that option because we usually splurge on meals at WDW and have an expensive meal (around $100/night) at least every other night on a trip. I'm not saying we cut out the $100/night meals, just cut back on them.

Nice to see you on the Budget Board Rajah! :)
Gosh, I don't know how to answer your question. For my husband AND me it is all about being at WDW not about how nice of a place that we stay. Of course we have 4 kids and there is a LOT of money to be spent just BEING THERE! :)
Do you mean that the argument of being able to go more often is not an incentive? Isn't there something that DH would rather spend that $500-600 on besides WDW and that if you save that money staying at the Marriott that you BOTH could end up getting what you want?
I am wishing you luck, Rajah, and I hope that others can come up with some more creative ideas to coerce your DH! :D

Hi! I can't really help, but can relate. I've been fiddling with the idea of a December trip. When I asked DH what he thought, his only question was, "Are we going to stay concierge, again?"
Now, DH is former USAF, former Army Guard, and a very *manly* man, if you know what I mean. I asked him why he wanted to stay concierge, and his reply was "because they made me feel...special". He is now forever spoiled, I fear. If that's the only way I can get him to stay at WDW for more than a weekend, however, then concierge it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter