How do 9 & 10 year old boys dress for dinner?

scschnur

Earning My Ears
I am actively packing for our upcoming cruise, and am trying to avoid overpacking the kid's clothes. I am finding it EASY to pack for our DD, but the boys have me stumped. What did you witness 9 & 10 year old boys wearing to the dinners?I am not planning on leaving them behind at Oceaneer's unless it is their choice - so I need to pack dinner wear for them. Please help! What do you suggest?? Thanks!

For our nine year old he brought a pair of kaki's and several button down hawaiin type shirts and a few polos. He brought one suit with a tie and white shirt. On formal night he wore the entire suit and on semiformal just the shirt/tie and pants (no jacket)

I did the same...khakis (re-worn several times), patterned short sleeve buttondowns, and knit polos. I did exactly the same thing with the suit, but he wore a cool character tie on semi formal night to dress it down a bit.

BTW, a lot of little (and medium sized) boys didn't wear suits on formal night. I'm so glad mine did, especially now that we have the only decent family portrait ever!!!

We did the same with our eight year last time and I am planning the same for our upcoming cruise. Khakis and knit polos most nights. Suit with shirt and tie on the formal night. This time I bought him a silk tee shirt to wear under his suit jacket for the semi-formal night...very Don Johnson.

Like Reneesam I am looking across my desk at the best family portrait I have ...formal night on our Disney cruise.

Good luck packing.
:earsboy:

Well DS (11 when we cruise) has 4 Hawaiian tropical collar button-down shirts from last Nov. I refuse to buy new. If these dont fit this year he will be wearing his school polo shirts.

I bought everything new for our cancelled cruise so Im not buying anything else this time.

Do you think I can get away with packing NO suits for the guys? They are just not the suit kinda guys! I am getting that impression from what I read - but am wondering if they will be in the majority without suits, or in the minority??

Thanks!!

We just returned from the 3 Day Wonder & I don't remember seeing any guys in suits, just nice shirts, a lot of the colorful tropical type. Our boys wore khakis & button shirts just like most of the kids. Have fun!!

On our first cruise which was a three day sea and four day land we did not worry about formal wear. But on the seven days in my opinion a suit is in order.. however you will not be shunned or anything if your boys are just in buttondown and kakis...
It was so nice to get dressed up as a family.. even DS got into it after the intial resisitance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter