How did you make up the rest of your dining week after using a two table service?

postmanrings

Earning My Ears
Doing a week with family on the regular dining plan and wanted to use a 2 TS one night. How did anyone plug in another day eating after being short one TS credit? I think I know how I can do it, but wanted to hear other plans to see if that is better! Thanks

Crunch the numbers and be sure it's worth the value of 2TS. You could potentially go to a signature and pay OOP, either getting all entrees or sharing apps and an entree. Just a thought--from a strictly financial view, I think it's rare that a restaurant is worth 2TS credits.

Doing a week with family on the regular dining plan and wanted to use a 2 TS one night. How did anyone plug in another day eating after being short one TS credit? I think I know how I can do it, but wanted to hear other plans to see if that is better! Thanks

IF I could ever get the dining plan to make financial sense for us and IF I wanted to do one 2TS with said dining plan, I would do one of two things:

1. One adult would use credits for the signature and one pay OOP
2. Plan Via Napoli or The Plaza for one day and pay OOP for that meal.

If your going offsite ( Universal, Seaworld etc....) for a day , you would save credits.

Between snacks and QS meals we've never had an issue finding enough to eat. We always do one 2TS dinner a trip (8 nights) and never pay OOP for another meal and STILL find the dining plan is too much food. We had 15 snack credits left at the end last year.

We split meals at the signature & a few other places to make up the difference. 5 of us split 4 meals at Yachtsman & we were stuffed. We used a combination of TS credits & OOP at Via Napoli. We've also shared meals at 50's, Rose & Crown & Kona without anyone going hungry.

We tend to order a pizza at the resort for lunch or dinner one day to use less credits. That balances out the 2 table credit meal.

I’m not sure of the make up of your party and the way I do it is kind of situational but here we go. The twins are super picky and I have to make sure there is something on the menu they can eat for Table service but counter service is parents choice. So several days of the trip when I know we are going to eat at places for us I pack them a lunch. As CS credits do not differentiate between adults and children that adds up to our extra meals.

In the past we would save a QS and one day just have two QS, how we would do that is use snack credits at Les Halles in France, I would get the ham and cheese croissant, a pastry and an ice water and and hubby would get something a long those lines and it would be a total of 4 snack credits for us

We will just do one day with both QS meals. With snacks we can typically share some QS meals to have enough to cover an extra meal.

Mix and match QS Credits and Snack Credits, ziploc bags to eat it on the go. Everybody gets a bit of everything.

I have found 2 QS meals my DH and I can easily share and have plenty. 1) Flame Tree BBQ at AK - the ribs, chicken and pulled pork platter and use a snack credit for onion rings or fries (just ask for an extra plate and glass of ice water for 2nd drink) and 2) the pizza at Blazin Fast Fired Pizza at DS (the drinks are self serve there so you can refill) This will make up for using 2 TS credit meal.

There are quite a few options and we've done it several different ways. We usually arrive later on the first night and don't use that TS credit so it's available for a 2TS meal later. We have also gone a day that we only eat QS, usually Epcot or AK because the options are better. This year we are doing two 2 TS meals, we have a special event we were able to get CRT and BOG on separate days for dinner. We are planning to use snack credits at the F&W booths and graze. We will then use the 2QS meal plan on another day. We realize that it might not be the best use of the DP but I think it will work. There seem to be a lot of options at F&W.

We may use a QS credit on our first night so that we can go to a signature later in the week.

This is what we do. We usually don't get to the resort until mid-afternoon. We settle in, unpack and the grand kids always want to use the pool. so we have a QS dinner at the resort or DS which leaves us with an extra TS credit. We are RD people so like to go to bed early on our arrival day so we can hit the parks early the next day.

Paid out of pocket. :rolleyes1

This is what we do. I can stretch some credits, depending on who our party is made up of, and where we are dining, however I always plan to pay for a few meals OOP> The plan only covers the NIGHTS we stay, however we are there for one more day, and there are three meals in a day, so we plan to purchase some food at breakfast. Add a signature or two in and I am crunching numbers to make sure I am not squandering a credit on a lower cost meal, while paying for a more expensive one.

I watch what everyone is ordering. Inevitably, there will be several meals where one of us will order the cheapest thing on the menu. I'll pay cash for those and save the credit for later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter