How did you get your current job?

I agree with that. I've moved into doing contract work with two different companies. The flexibility is great. The lack of PTO kind of stinks, but I can take time off whenever I want. I love the freedom.
Well as long as you are charging enough to cover the PTO and extra Social Security Tax it should not be an issue.
Ive been considering going back to this just to get the flexibility and time off between gigs

I’m a housewife. Been for over 42 years. I also worked miscellaneous jobs over the years. There’s no retirement for me so I’ll be doing it till my last breath. Yippie.

Nepotism. Having built a strong working/personal relationship with my mentor carried us both through to a new opportunity.

I’m a housewife. Been for over 42 years. I also worked miscellaneous jobs over the years. There’s no retirement for me so I’ll be doing it till my last breath. Yippie.
Well their is Social Security if its still around. Its not a ton, but its better than nothing.

You will get about 50% of what your spouse gets. Been looking into this lately as we plan.

Of course you will still be working till the end in the home - but hopefully your spouse will help out more as well once they retire freeing you up somewhat.

Doing what? Working as a housewife? How would that be different than any of the rest of us doing our own household chores while retired?

I'm currently working as a security guard at a large corporate office building in Los Angeles.
Landed this job recently, after I took this comprehensive security training course. That's where I learned how to arrest, use the taser, and carry a baton.
In case someone lives in LA and wants a career in security, I recommend their course. It costs about $4000, but it's all worth it because it's easier to get a job after completing such a course.

Last edited:
For me after my 1st full time job, which I got by calling a mentor, was through an internal national vacancy list.

Today, most of our hires come either though internal advancement (we actively grow our own through training), followed by Indeed or our social media posts.

My former co worker told me about an opening at the current company but at a different location.
I applied through indeed and been here a year in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter