How bad is your bed hair when you wake up? Do you do anything to prevent it the night before?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
How bad is your bed hair when you wake up? Do you do anything to prevent it the night before?

Nothing that a wet comb won't fix, and nothing that I could do the night before to prevent it.

When I start having issues in the morning, I know I am past due for a haircut.

Normally I could get up and go if I wanted but since I nearly always shower in the morning to start my day, it doesn't matter.

It's always a bit of a mess, but "doing" my hair is part of my morning routine, so it is what it is. I bought a Blissy silk pillowcase that was supposed to be all the rage for preventing bed-head. Shockingly, the advertising was all hype. Have you ever heard such an outrage? :laughing:

I had short hair for many years - as you can see in the picture. In the morning, my "short" hair on top was literally all over the place and no water or hair product kept it down. I washed every day also. Now that I have shoulder length hair - much easier to manage. I go a few days without washing (summer more often).

I use a silk pillowcase. It seems to help. I have a chin-length bob so bed head isn’t a huge problem but it also seems to help with letting me shampoo every other day.

I have fairly long thick hair and dry scalp. My hairdresser recommends I wash it no more than twice a week. It is natural wavy but I dry it straight so I just brush it and it’s fine, no bed head issues.

I have shorter hair and it's alwasy been very "impressionable" if that make sense?

There is rarely a morning that I get up that I can repair/fix it into something fit for public. Rather than try to wet it and shape it, I just wash it and style it every mornings. It's a drag for sure.

I find that the resort hotel pillows seem to have more static than others. I usually use some coconut oil on my hair when I wash it and it really helps with the frizzies:)

My hair is short, and every morning it sticks up on one side because of how I sleep. I shower in the mornings and wash my hair every day so nobody in my house is treated to my bed head but me and the bathroom mirror.

My hair is a little longer than collar length. It's naturally curly but I usually dry it straight. Any bit of humidity or moisture starts to bring out the curl. When I wake up in the morning, 90% of my hair is still straight but there's always an area or 2 that end up a bit curly. I just run a flat iron over that section -- takes less than 3 minutes to fix any issues. I like those days. The days that I wash my hair require a good 30-35 minutes of washing/drying time to blow out the curls. Fortunately, I usually only wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week...daughter of a hair stylist who drilled into my head for *years* that washing hair every day strips all of the natural oils from it and will make your body produce *more* oils to make up for it and thus make your hair more oily and smelly than if you only wash it every 2 or 3 days. It pained me to admit it at the time, but as usual, mother (the professional hair stylist) knew best. I've probably saved a ton of money on shampoo and conditioner over the year....should have listened to her sooner! :D

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest