• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How bad are masks in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m kind of frustrated right now. We have a December trip booked, but may have to cancel. Next option is July. They have some great rates for the week after the 4th of July. Then I forgot about masks! I’m not sure we can do masks in the heat.
What was your experience with wearing a mask in the summer heat?
I’m here this week in May and they are bad. It was brutally hot in Epcot yesterday and I couldn’t stop sweating under my mask. I can’t imagine July.

I think the bigger concern would be waiting in much longer lines outside with little or no shade. Last July lines were very short, now they are much longer.

Yes, this would be my issue. We went last year in August and we are no strangers to that time of year. We always go the week of Labor Day so we are used to the heat in summer. We balance it out by enjoying typically low crowds at that time of the year. Combined with rope drop, fast pass and mid day breaks it was doable. With no fast pass and crowds showing no sign of slowing, I’d be more concerned about standing outside in long ques. We did find ourselves using the relaxation stations in August several times because we were feeling extra over heated in the masks. (We wore the paper disposable ones.) If July is the only time you can go, I’d say still go, just prepare yourself and plan to take breaks.

We were there the last week of April 95+ degrees each day and the humidity wasn’t even at a high summer point yet. Mask definitely put a damper on things. We had a fabulous time but at least once an hour someone in the group would make a comment about the heat/trip being so much better without the mask on all the time. Add to it that the lines are long and in the sun...ugh. We ate a whole lot of snacks and drinks and took way more pics than what we actually wanted/needed just to take the masks off. With that said, I’m glad we went, we had a good time and our family went knowing all the restrictions and limitations- we needed that vacation. However, no way will we return until masks are gone.

I’m local. I pack frozen water bottles in my bag. And I pack a wet wash cloth. My biggest problem with the heat and humidity is getting sweat or sunscreen in my eyes and they burn. I use the wash cloth to wipe that away.

On May 4th it was like 98 degrees and felt like July! It was unbearable in the sun with or without a mask!

Anybody think that color of the paper masks matters in the summer heat? My son really wants the black masks, but I am worried that black masks in the summer sun will be too hot.

With a cooling towel and a neck fan like this one, I didn’t mind the mask too badly at all last august. Still an incredible trip!!

Attachments

• D7D34CB6-CF0F-4663-B7E7-097C1B8297DF.png
    D7D34CB6-CF0F-4663-B7E7-097C1B8297DF.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 24
Any preference on disposable masks in general? They're all about the same when I look on Amazon.

In November we wore the Disney masks and liked them so I have a ton of those but reading everything here I think we should bring disposable ones too... Going in late June and preparing for surface of the sun vibes.. 🥵

With a cooling towel and a neck fan like this one, I didn’t mind the mask too badly at all last august. Still an incredible trip!!

Do those neck fans feel heavy on your neck? They look so bulky to me? I'm trying to decide which ones to go with- we have ones that's attached to a lanyard but these look like they'd cool you off more...

Do those neck fans feel heavy on your neck? They look so bulky to me? I'm trying to decide which ones to go with- we have ones that's attached to a lanyard but these look like they'd cool you off more...
I am super sensitive to anything on my head/neck. I don’t even like hair ties too much and some halter tops are big no go, and while I love wearing my ears I need frequent breaks. These are very light! Less than a pound! I felt no pain. I also really enjoyed wearing chiffon masks, they are double layered and super light. The ones on Amazon have this weird neck piece attached that I used a seam ripper to remove. They are my GO TO for summer weather!!

S
we are going in July and I"m dreading the masks. I guess we will see how it goes....

Same here, mid/late July trip. I am going to buy a big box of disposable masks, I thought we could wear the them during the day, and use our lightweight cloth masks at night. Should be interesting.

I’m kind of frustrated right now. We have a December trip booked, but may have to cancel. Next option is July. They have some great rates for the week after the 4th of July. Then I forgot about masks! I’m not sure we can do masks in the heat.
What was your experience with wearing a mask in the summer heat?
KN-95 masks will probably be the best as they keep the fabric away from your nose and mouth. We were there last July and touring in the heat in masks was awful, but that was also due to the fact that Orlando was having an unusual heat wave, and the parks had reduced hours (even more so than now), so that we had to tour midday, which isn't our usual pattern in summer. It would have been awful even without masks but with masks it was unbearable for us and we did leave Magic Kingdom midday on one of the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter