• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Houston to Orlando- $97 RT (including taxes and fees)

J&D

<font color=red>Tag Fairy's Tag Assistant!<br><fon
US Airways has flights starting next week at $97 RT. This is a great deal. I bought mine this morning at $145 RT, and I thought that was a great deal. Hopefully I can call and get a credit voucher.

Hope others can get in on this great deal.

There are still flights available at this price. I was able to cancel my original flight without penalty and re-book for $97 RT.

Good luck to others who are interested.

What are your travel dates?? I checked for late Sept and the fares offered are appx. $250. I plugged in late July dates and they weren't much cheaper. Also, did you find these strictly on USAirways site, or was it also offered on the other travel search sites?

We're in San Antonio and had intentions of driving since there's six of us altogether. We already have 2 SW Rapid Reward vouchers (possibly 2 more by the time Sept. gets here) and would jump on $97 for the last two tickets even if we had to fly out of Houston.

Also, was this out of IAH or Hobby?

Thanks,
Vicki

This price was for early July from IAH. I think it ends in August. I would check on Orbitz to see the available flights first, and then call US Airways directly to book (1-800-428-4322).

Good luck! :D

I can't believe this fare. I wish I could get a refund on my SW tickets. This is killing me. We can fly to Orlando for $194 total for both of us. This is a much better deal than the one I got with SW. I wish I had know this would happen. :rolleyes:

Sorry Gemm01. I hate it when that happens. It is so hard to know when to book. This is the lowest I have ever seen flights to Orlando from IAH.

VickiVM- Here are some dates with flights still available for $97 RT . The key is that they are flights during the week and not on weekends. It ends on Aug. 8.

June 24 & 25
July 2, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31
Aug. 1, 6, 7, 8

I booked this yesterday morning when the rates came out. I had been waiting and waiting and waiting for low rates like last year. Last year low rates came out in july on Delta for $91 which I had booked for August and this year US airways has $97. What is odd that when I went to us airways site the rate showed up for $126 yesterday and today it is like $317 but on orbitz it is $97 where I booked. total for 3 tickets was 66.00pp 30taxes +10service fee for a whopping $301 for 3 of us for july for 2 weeks. yeaaaaaaa. I have never flow us airways. I almost booked delta yesterday when they had a rate of $187 but decided to check orbitz.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Now waiting for christmas fares lol

gm- Our stories sound very familiar. I was able to book a flight in July for last Christmas on Delta for $99 RT. Keep waiting until you get that fare. I never thought I would get that low of a fare again, especially after Sept. 11. and all the new fees that have been added. It pays to be patient and persistent.

Maybe I will run into you at DW.

I will keep my fingers crossed.
Maybe we will run into you at Disney too. We are going july 24 thru aug 5. As far as christmas goes they came out with lower fare in july. I had gotten $91 for christmas week on Delta.;)

Are these flights being talked about non-stop? I don't know if I can convince my DH to make a connection. He hates doing that with our three DDs and would rather pay the extra for a non-stop flight, but that's almost too good to pass up. We are going the first week in October out of IAH and the best non-stop I've come across is $230 on Continental. Would you book that, or wait for a better deal to hopefully come around?

these $97 do have connections at charlotte nc. Total travel time is estimated at 6hrs including connections. my wait at the connection location is around 11/2 to 2hrs but it is so worth it because I can use that extra money for disney. I have 2 young kids too and they dont like connections either. if you dont want the $97 rate than continental right know has $202 with direct flights which is double the price of us airways though.

Thanks GM, for your reply. Where did you find the $202 fare with Continental? The cheapest I am getting is $230 on Orbitz out of IAH.

I agree - I cringe when I think of the money I could be saving on connecting flights and using it at WDW. My DH is pretty adamant about a non-stop flight though. Our youngest is 16 months so we have stroller issues to deal with on the flight(s). The only saving grace is arriving in 2 1/2 hours instead of 6!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter