• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

house trends you wouldn't want in your own home?

Open concept. I like my semi open. LR/DR/Kitchen. Open enough to converse but separate enough so I can ignore the kitchen mess while I'm entertaining.

New zoning that allows the house 3 feet from the sidewalk. People walking on the sidewalk are walking 3 feet from your house. My house has a 25 foot setback, and sometimes that is too close if a loud car goes by..

not a fan of-

all white kitchens (or all white/gray)

laminate flooring that is made to look like some strange gray colored wood (looks to me like old fencing that has weathered and needs replacing/re-staining)

under the counter microwave drawers

butcher block counter tops (i think they would be hard to maintain)

entirely open concept where you walk into the front door and it's one single room with the kitchen, dining area and a seating area-give me a bit of seperation please.

not a fan of-

under the counter microwave drawers
When we remodeled our kitchen 10 years ago our designer was an advocate of under the counter drawer microwaves. After 10 years, it does work pretty well.

Paneled+Wood+and+Metal+K+Series+DIY+Knotty+Barn+Door+with+Installation+Hardware+Kit.jpg

TV on the wall. How do you watch those without getting a stiff neck??
At our previous house we had a TV on the wall of our bedroom. It telescoped out and you could push it back in when you needed to. It was great if you were actually lying in bed and watching TV vs having the TV at the foot of your bed on top of a piece of furniture, where the angle's kind of low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter