Hotels....

jdh_2002

Earning My Ears
I have a question. I am planning a trip to WDW and making plans for everything! (resorts,attractions,resturants..etc.) For those of you, that have been to WDW several times, is it cheaper to stay inside or outside the resort? We want to have a good time, but save money as well.:bounce: :confused:

In my humble opinion it is always less expensive for what you get in terms of amenities and quality of room to stay off site........If you really want a 24 hour disney vacation then on site is the place to be.......we have been over 30 times and never stayed on site.....we watch for deals and depending on how many of us will do a condo, or a hotel or a rental home.......there are so many options available, that I think the primary decision as to where depends on how many in your party......I'll bet you get a lot of interesting responses to your question...good luck...Ted

Here are some advantages to staying offsite and onsite:

ADVANTAGES
Offsite:
+ Generally cheaper (the lowest Disney hotel has a rack rate of around $99/night)
+ Lots of hotels to choose from in the Orlando area
+ Some hotels have free continental breakfasts or free breakfast for kids
+ Some hotels have a free shuttle to get to the parks
+ You have the freedom to explore non-WDW things
+ Food is generally cheaper

Onsite:
+ You can get around WDW without a car (you can use WDW transportation)
+ Many people feel "Disney magic" when they are onsite
+ "Disney quality" rooms
+ You can charge purchases to your room key, so you don't have to carry around cash

DISADVANTAGES
Offsite:
- Hard to get around if you don't have a car and the hotel doesn't offer a shuttle
- Quality of offsite hotels can vary
- No "Disney magic"
- The tourist areas (I-192, International Drive, etc.) can have bad traffic during peak times (rush hour, park closing, etc.)

Onsite:
- WDW transportation system can be slow
- WDW transportation gets crowded and packed during the parks' opening and closing.
- More expensive than offsite options
- Food is more expensive at onsite hotels

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter