Hotel to hotel transport

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
We are staying 3 nights at RPR in August but planning a couple of meals at other hotels - Hard Rock and Portofino Bay. We will have a car but want to give my hubby the option to drink if he wishes. Other than taking the transport via the parks, is there an easy way to get between the onsite hotels?

Yes, there is a shuttle that will take you to any of the other deluxe hotels. I think it tends to run on a 30 minute schedule and if I remember correctly after 6pm there is another shuttle added as well to make the waiting shorter. Just ask about the shuttles and options at the front desk when you check-in. They can tell you where to wait and how often/when the shuttles will pick you up.

I thought that I had read somewhere about on-demand chauffeurs. Or, was it instead a figment of my imagination?

There may well be on-demand chauffeurs as well. On our last trip (1st week of Feb.) decided to try out the main restaurant at Sapphire Falls. When we went out to the front to catch the shuttle we had just missed it (we could see it pulling out.) One of the concierges out front told us not to worry and called a car over to take us back.

The ODC sit outside the hotels except Cabana Bay I believe.

Our experience has always been they are free to use between the other onsite hotels, except for drivers tip. We use them to go have dinner in the Hard Rock and return and several times coming back from PB.

If you use them to go offsite you’ll pay.

For us to go to Sand Lake Road or Pointe Orlando for example it’s around $20 plus tip.

Thanks for the info all.

Carole (@schumigirl) , I presume the car service is what you were referring to in your trip reports, I never did figure out what ODC was, now I know)

Thanks for the info all.

Carole (@schumigirl) , I presume the car service is what you were referring to in your trip reports, I never did figure out what ODC was, now I know)

Lol......yep On Demand Cars......

I sometimes forget not everyone knows what the letters stand for.......:thumbsup2

Yes, there is a shuttle that will take you to any of the other deluxe hotels. I think it tends to run on a 30 minute schedule and if I remember correctly after 6pm there is another shuttle added as well to make the waiting shorter. Just ask about the shuttles and options at the front desk when you check-in. They can tell you where to wait and how often/when the shuttles will pick you up.

I haven't tried to use it yet, but the CBBR brochure says the dining shuttle stops there also.Runs in a continuous loop from 6 PM to 10 PM

The evening shuttle does include CBBR. That is where we stayed last trip and used the evening shuttle to get over to Sapphire Falls to try out its restaurant.

If you're staying at RPR, you could always boat to City Walk and then walk to HRH. You can walk to PBH too but it's further. From the City Walk boat launch, it's a relatively quick walk to HRH and it's a very pretty one too!

Or just walk the whole way.

Definitely a viable option. Taking the water taxi will at least cut down on the walking time though, so its a compromise between walking the whole distance and taking a shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter