Hotel for preschoolers

Jaburka

Earning My Ears
What hotel is most exciting for preschoolers? We stayed at AOA (nemo suite) when our little were 2 and 4. Heading back in April with then 3 and 5 year olds, and wondering if we should do AoA again or if there are other themes the kids would love. My daughter loves princesses and my son likes Mickey, Cars, and sports. Thanks in advance!

I'm no help. We have 3 preschoolers and they like the Grand Floridian the best. They specifically request the "Mad Hatter pool".

Last edited:
At the age of your children, any resort will be exciting and amazing for them, and they'll be seeing as much Mickey and princesses and Disney as they could ever want at the theme parks every day.

I'm a believer in picking the resort that works best in terms of price, amenities and location, and is most appealing, for the adults in the group. Believe me, the kids will find something to love at whatever resort you choose. :)

I don't think you can beat AoA for theming with preschoolers! And the space is priceless.

Do they like animals? My kids (3,3,& 5) enjoyed AKL a lot as well. I think next time though we are aiming for convenience, being close to a park would be great.

At the age of your children, any resort will be exciting and amazing for them, and they'll be seeing as much Mickey and princesses and Disney as they could ever want at the theme parks every day.

I'm a believer in picking the resort that works best in terms of price, amenities and location, and is most appealing, for the adults in the group. Believe me, the kids will find something to love at whatever resort you choose. :)

This, 100% this! :thumbsup2

Completely agree.

I agree. The adults should be happy and choose whatever works for them. The kids will be happy no matter what, especially at that age. All mine want to do is swim all the time. They don't care what the pool looks like - they just want a pool. And they get enough of the characters in the parks, so it's nice to have a little break from that at the hotel. Whatever works for your budget and family is fine.

Agree with others... we've been going since my daughter was 5, and the most important thing to her is the pool & snacks (also, she is another who just wants GF... we stayed there once as a Christmas trip splurge(. Before I read your post, and just saw the title I was going to say AofA....such immersive Disney themeing. But... you really can't go wrong with any resort. Having an idea of budget can help us advise you... you can get some deluxe rooms for what an AofA suite costs.

Pretty sure that all the hotels have kids activities that change throughout the year. My preschooler just asks if we can go to a cool pool. All the pools at that age end up being cool in the end. Bonus points if there is a water slide---which most of them have a main pool with one. I would pick a hotel based on what is in your budget and based on transportation type. For example, we wouldn't stay at AKL at this age because it is a longer bus ride to and from the Magic Kingdom, which is where we spend most of our time. Pick what's best for you---for kids all of them are magical in their own way.

If you are choosing a resort specifically for your kids I would choose one that has a pool, splash pad and playground, with a food court that has at least 2 go-to items your kids will eat. If your kids like to make new friends at the pool vs just hanging out with family, I would choose a resort with more quiet pools.

We are taking our preschoolers to the Animal Kingdom Villas. We bought them binoculars to use on our balcony.

My 5 yo daughter has stayed at and loved POFQ, Coronado, All Star Music, and Carribean Beach. Why? Because they are all at Disney, they all have a huge pool, and spending the night at ANY hotel is exciting at that age. Kids love any hotels, so save money for extra souvenirs by going value if you want, or explain to them why XYZ resort is cool based on why YOU want it. They will be happy regardless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter