Hotel advice please

travelgirl71

Earning My Ears
My family (DH, DD, and myself) are planning to go to Disney after school is out. I realize I'm planning late but that's my style. We plan to stay offsite as we need more space than a typical hotel room preferably 2 bedrooms or at least 1 bedroom with a sofa bed in another room. Any suggestions for hotels or resorts that could accommodate?

Thanks!

What is your nightly budget for the room?

Will you have a car or are you dependent on shuttles?

You can start with checking some of these for your dates .... all very close to Disney.

- Doubletree Suites (they have a few 2 bedroom, rest 1 bedroom) in Disney Springs
- StayBridge Suites Lake Buena Vista (1 and 2 bedroom) breakfast included
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort (1 and 2 bedroom)
- Buena Vista Suites (1 bedroom) or Caribe Royale (1 and 2 bedroom) BV includes breakfast
- Sheraton Vistana Resort (1 and 2 bedroom)
- Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista (1 and 2 bedroom) breakfast included
- Embassy Suites LBV South OR LBV (1 bedroom) breakfast included

I have stayed at them all, and would return.

Do you want a hotel or a resort? Do you plan to spend the majority of your time at Disney parks? How long do you plan to stay? The ones suggested by @HopperFan are some good recommendations. But I am wondering if you are inquiring about timeshare resort type of accommodations. Besides a bedroom or pull-out sofa, what would you like to have? I remember my first trip to visit Disney was in 2007. A co-worker recommended Vacation Village@Parkway which is a timeshare resort. It caused us to fall in love with timeshare resorts and we have been going to a resort every year ever since then. Ask lots of questions here on DISboards. There are so many people willing to help you out. Planning vacation is also part of the fun !!!!

We will have a car and would like to stay under $200 per night.

Floridays should be able to meet that number for 2/2 + couch + full kitchen + laundry + shuttle + 2 pools (+ hot tub and a cool pool). I am local and it is our go to spot when staying off-site due to value and proximity to DS. I have no personal $ interest in Floridays, but have yet to experience anything less than excellent. I think I've stayed there about 10X over the past 5-7 years.

Yes, most of our time will be spent at the parks. We may have a rest day in the middle.

Ok, confession.....I have not started looking yet. I had narrowed HopperFan's list (thank you) down to Bonnet Creek but have not reserved yet. My DH thinks we are leaving 2 weeks from Sunday...oh my! Have I waited too late to get it together?

Yes, most of our time will be spent at the parks. We may have a rest day in the middle.

Ok, confession.....I have not started looking yet. I had narrowed HopperFan's list (thank you) down to Bonnet Creek but have not reserved yet. My DH thinks we are leaving 2 weeks from Sunday...oh my! Have I waited too late to get it together?
In June of 2015 I went to WDW with my family for the first time (I had been a long time before but my husband and kids had never been) - it was put together in less than a month and we had a great time. I did a little research about navigating the attractions and looked up where to eat at a table service restaurant the day before we ate there. We didn't do 7DMT because the line was 2 hours long, we didn't do rope drop, we didn't stay at a Disney resort and only ate at 3 Disney places for the week we were therem (trying to save money), but got to see the all the night time shows at the time, and experience all the other attractions we wanted. Maybe you won't get on FOP (not a big loss in my opinion as I don't like Avatar theming at all) without a long wait but there is a lot to see and do besides standing in lines. Now if you are going at a level 8 or higher everyday, I'd plan on getting there at rope drop to minimize waiting. When we went there, Touring Plans had/have crowd levels at around a 6 most days (if you have a subscription you can see what the crowd level was in the past). That said, I now plan much more but I don't think you have too to have a good time.

Bonnet Creek would be a good choice. I've been there a few times and love it.

I would suggest Windsor Hills. It's very close to WDW and has some really nice condos for less than $200 per night. You'll have more space than a hotel room and also a full kitchen.

I usually book bonnet Creek through hotels.com. Compare their prices, it always seems like a better deal to me (I also stack discounts with Ebates and raise gift cards) plus you earn free nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter