Hopper or not?

jkcyoung

Mouseketeer
Heading to Disneyland in November. Will be in the parks the 5th-8th. Buying 3 day tickets and not sure of we should spend the extra money on hoppers? It will be myself, husband, and 16 year old son. WDW veterans but first trip to Disneyland. We usually do not hop at WDW, but always do at Universal Orlando. Don't mind spending the money if we are going to want to hop but I'm just not sure! Advice?

Yes, I'd hop. The parks are super close and it's easy to go back and forth. Plus then you have the option for nighttime entertainment and ADRs in both parks on all your days.

I agree with everyone else. Get hoppers.

It's really difficult to understand if you are a WDW regular. At WDW I rarely hop, at DLR I always hop. The parks are mere steps apart and you can book LL in both parks.

Imagine if at MK instead of the lagoon and boat launches there was Hollywood Studios. That's basically the way it is at DLR - everything is right next to each other for your enjoyment! Universal Orlando is a good analogy too.

IMO it is well worth the money to upgrade.

Yes to park hopping! Always

- DCA closes 2 hours before Disneyland, so you can hop over to Disneyland after DCA

- great flexibility for night time entertainment, not tied to just one park

- if one park gets extra busy, hop to the other one

- if one has a lot of attractions going down, hop to the other park

- they’re a 2 minute walk apart, so can just go between the two

- can choose amongst all park restaurants for dining

Good call! In the past we never got hoppers and an average trip was 4 days with 3 days spent at DL and 1 at DCA. This last trip we only had time for 3 days and decided to finally try hopping. Glad we did and going forward any trip we do over 2 days will be with hoppers for sure. Loved popping over there for a few hours (like to enjoy the Halloween lighting at night) and then back again for the later closing at DL.

Absolutely! We usually do not hop at WDW (even though we have APs and could), but at DL, the parks are so close, it's more like one big park.

Personally I don't find it helpful to hop and actually find that we got less done hopping then we did when I did one park at a time.

I love the flexibility of hoppers. I have a pass that includes hopping but I get tickets for my relatives and feel the hoppers are worth the extra money. Glad you decided to do it and I hope you have a fabulous time!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest