• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hope this isn't a dumb question, but...

Mom B

DIS Veteran
Hi! I've been "aware" of the DVC for a few years but only recently have
happened onto this board and the idea of renting points, etc., so forgive
me if these are dumb questions, but...

How soon do you think the general
public would be able to book rooms at the Beach Club?

Is there any info
available yet about room layouts, decor, etc?

And if I had ressies (on
rented points) at OKW would they ever let you "switch" later on...say
within a month or so of opening...to the BCV instead, if for some reason
they weren't booking as full as they'd like them to?

Call me crazy, but does it hurt to ask?

Reservations at BCV will be available to the public as soon as a firm opening date is set. Cash ressies there will likely preceed DVC point reservations.

BCV rooms will be the same size as BWV/VWL rooms with decor consistent with the curent BC.

If you have rented a reservation from a DVC member, you won't be able to switch anything yourself- only the member could do that. The rental member could try to switch the reservation for you, but that would be between you and that member. There will be limited DVC availability at the new resort at first.

Good Luck!

Another point with "switching" from OKW to BCV. Chances are that the BCV points will be similar to BWV, which means higher than OKW. As Doc said, only the member can make any changes to your reservation (it is really always theirs -- just being given to you to use). The member would have to use more points and would most likely raise your costs to make the switch.

Something else to keep in mind is that a person who owns at OKW (or any other DVC) could not make a reservation at BCV more than 7 months in advance of when you wanted to stay.

Thanks for the information. I'm still learning when it comes to
how all this works. It's good to get to know the "ins" and "outs"
--I hope someday we'll be members, too, but it will be a while...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter