Hook's Barbery

rhburtch

Earning My Ears
Hi! Can I get an old fashioned at Hook's Barbery without an appointment or signing up for a class? I thought I saw someone say that was possible, but the concierge team is telling me it is not. Want to make sure we sign up for the class if it is the only option without a service, and our booking window opens next week. Thanks!

We routinely went there in the early evening for old fashioneds. Lots of choices to build to your specifications. Didn’t have to be getting a service or part of a class (we in fact enjoyed going then much more than the class we did). Just check with them on when the bartender will be present.

We routinely went there in the early evening for old fashioneds. Lots of choices to build to your specifications. Didn’t have to be getting a service or part of a class (we in fact enjoyed going then much more than the class we did). Just check with them on when the bartender will be present.
Oh awesome!! Hubby is not a big old fashioned fan so I didn't want to make him sit through a class just for me to get one lol...thank you :)

Shoreside concierge is not the most reliable source of info in my experience (assuming that's who you're referring to).

Unless something has changed this shouldn't be a problem (I went with neither a service nor class booked but was about 18 months ago). The only caveat is that the open hours are not super long (definitely not the entire time the barbery itself is open) so you'll just want to make sure you check.

Just curious- if you’re Concierge, you can ask them to replicate the Old Fashioned that they serve at Hook’s (speaking from experience :P) . Why not just go that route :)?

Concierge can definitely make an Old Fashioned but I feel like the fun of Hook's is that they can make it so highly customized because they have so many different ingredients to work with (different bitters, garnishes, a smoker, a selection of bourbons, etc).

Concierge can definitely make an Old Fashioned but I feel like the fun of Hook's is that they can make it so highly customized because they have so many different ingredients to work with (different bitters, garnishes, a smoker, a selection of bourbons, etc).
That's exactly why I am hoping to get the chance :-)

You can definitely get one, I did. Its only opened a few hours so got to know exactly when I got it right before seeing one of the shows in the Walt Disney Theatre

Hi! Can I get an old fashioned at Hook's Barbery without an appointment or signing up for a class? I thought I saw someone say that was possible, but the concierge team is telling me it is not. Want to make sure we sign up for the class if it is the only option without a service, and our booking window opens next week. Thanks!

I wouldn’t reject the idea of hubby getting a cut.. for one they serve other drinks.. for another I’ve never felt so pampered sitting there with a drink in hand while someone tended to my hair. Great experience .. and yes expensive but my wife said it was the best haircut I’ve had in decades. Could have been her drink talking but Happy wife happy life.

I guess YMMV. The drinks are great, but the haircut I got there was terrible even though I tried to be clear about what I wanted, and the shave made my face break out for the next couple of days.

Hubby got a pedicure at Hook's. Not something he normally would've done for himself, but he really enjoyed it and his buffed to perfection toes still look great one month later! Not to mention the wonderful Japanese whiskey old fashioned he enjoyed in conjuction with his treatment.

I wouldn’t reject the idea of hubby getting a cut.. for one they serve other drinks.. for another I’ve never felt so pampered sitting there with a drink in hand while someone tended to my hair. Great experience .. and yes expensive but my wife said it was the best haircut I’ve had in decades. Could have been her drink talking but Happy wife happy life.
I would, but hubby is bald lol ;-)

You can definitely get one, I did. Its only opened a few hours so got to know exactly when I got it right before seeing one of the shows in the Walt Disney Theatre
Do you recall the hours the bar is operating? I would also like to try and do the same! TIA

Do you recall the hours the bar is operating? I would also like to try and do the same! TIA

I don’t know if the hours are consistent but on my cruise and one you tube review .. they start serving drinks at 5. Don’t recall the closing time but it was early.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest