Home from BCT graduation

Justanopinion

Mouseketeer
and had a great time. It was so awesome.

We left Dallas area on Tuesday to drive up to Ft. Leonard Wood. Arrived there late Tuesday night. Got to spend Wednesday with DS for a few hours on base. Took him to Burger King.

Then we got to see the graduation ceremony on Thursday. That is an awesome show they put on. Spent a few more hours with him off base. He enjoyed some time on the computer and talking to others on the phone. Just relaxing was nice for him. Just seeing his face and hearing his voice was nice for us.

I did good. Didn't really cry. As I told him, I had tears of pride not tears of missing him. That's different.
I'm so proud of him. He stands taller, he talks better and deeper. Good changes. He's growing into a man and a soldier.

We got to see him long enough Friday for one last hug. That was it. He had to wait around for a bus to San Antonio. We went ahead and left. His bus actually drove most of the same route back as we did just 3 hours behind us. He made it to SA at 4:22 am, how do I know this, he called me. Yep, he called. Him and his 4 am phone calls. I'll take them any day now. I miss them.

He starts classes today for 68W(EMT or combat medic). I'm so proud of him. This is what he has always wanted.

He doesn't know about any leave for Thanksgiving yet, not getting my hopes up either. Christmas though should be 15 days, I'm looking forward to that.

Now, DH is considering signing with regular Army. He was in the Army 20 years ago and would love nothing more than to be able to join again. We both have a lot to think about regarding that decision.

Anyway, I'm home, I saw him, I hugged him. All is good.

Ummm...I just posted to your other thread, but just wanted to say that DH is a combat medic as well (has 18 1/2 years in at this point....not sure when he will retire).

Glad to hear you liked FLW, or at least the graduation. We live just 10 miles from base and are at the hospital quite a few days a week with our kids. lol

Mary

If your son or you want to know anything about Ft. Sam, I went thru medic training about a year ago. as far as block leave- (christmas leave) there are a few things that he will find out and should know. if you want to PM me, I can give you the info to pass on to your son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter