Home-based travel agent - host agencies in Ontario/Canada?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a host agency in Ontario that doesnt charge enormous fees upfront?

Thanks for your time!

Kim!

Hi MoppetCrazy, I'm also interested to get started as a TA and I would appreciate very much your comments on the subject. Any chance I can contact you ? (I tried to send private message but the system didnt let me until I have 10 postings, I just joined the forum )

Jopay

I know this is a pretty old thread now, but I'm hoping to bring it to life!

Am looking for a home based opportunity in Ontario so if any of you could point me in a direction that isn't going to cost me thousands of dollars up front and is a great agency to work for, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

Travel counsellors is the agency I worked through a couple years ago. They are uk based but have an office in Toronto and seem very committed to home agents.

I'm not from the Ontario area, but am in Canada (in BC).
I did quite a bit of searching and researching of the available host agencies in Canada.
I almost signed up with ECSC but as I was looking through the contract, it turned out that the percentage of commission you get with them is extremely low. I was originally told 40% (which was lower than I wanted, but I was willing to work with to get into the biz), but then after looking at the fine print, turned out there were more percentages and expenses that would be deducted from that, making it even lower. So I stopped the application process with them right away.

Of all the companies I looked into, NexionCanada was the one that stood out for me. Here in BC there are some strict requirements and licensing involved and NexionCanada is taking care of those and walking me through all the hoops. And I still get to keep 70% of the commissions, and as I grow and earn more, I can change to a better package that will give me more of my commissions.

So definately check fine print of the host you choose, and also make sure of the requirements for your province and that your host agency complies with them and will help you to comply with them as well.

I'm not from the Ontario area, but am in Canada (in BC).
I did quite a bit of searching and researching of the available host agencies in Canada.
I almost signed up with ECSC but as I was looking through the contract, it turned out that the percentage of commission you get with them is extremely low. I was originally told 40% (which was lower than I wanted, but I was willing to work with to get into the biz), but then after looking at the fine print, turned out there were more percentages and expenses that would be deducted from that, making it even lower. So I stopped the application process with them right away.

Of all the companies I looked into, NexionCanada was the one that stood out for me. Here in BC there are some strict requirements and licensing involved and NexionCanada is taking care of those and walking me through all the hoops. And I still get to keep 70% of the commissions, and as I grow and earn more, I can change to a better package that will give me more of my commissions.

So definately check fine print of the host you choose, and also make sure of the requirements for your province and that your host agency complies with them and will help you to comply with them as well.

I'm curious ...I'm with ECSC and it's my understanding that the commission percentage you quote is off of the base commission rate?
IE: 70-80% of perhaps 9 or 10%? What are the monthly costs?

Thanks!

Hi....

I am looking for Independent Agents to work under me and there is no start up cost. I am in Ontario based you can contact me personally contact me.

I am in Ontario and looking for independent agents to work under me. There are no start up costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter