• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood Studios - Temporay Bus Depot - Looooong walk

MCC Retired

Mouseketeer
Be prepared when taking the Disney Bus to/from Hollywood Studios.
During this ongoing construction , the Bus Depot has been temporarily relocated beyond the construction
work . Quite a long walk . If you are arriving by bus for the first time , be prepared for a very long walk in the sun. Best arrive and depart by boat from Epcot and area hotels.

What about the location for an Uber pick up/drop off? We will be there on Thanksgiving Day and may just want to uber back to the hotel at the end of the night is that area going to be a long walk as well?

What about the location for an Uber pick up/drop off? We will be there on Thanksgiving Day and may just want to uber back to the hotel at the end of the night is that area going to be a long walk as well?

We took Lyft last week. There isn't any less walking.

It's not a terrible walk, but it does get hot. There is nothing in terms of shade.

Car lots have trams, not so lucky with the Bus Depot ☹️

Yes, Minnie Vans have a designated stop among the buses at each park.
The temporary tram stop is almost as long a walk as the temporary bus depot.

And for now, Uber, Lyft, Minnie Vans and taxis are all picking up and dropping off in the same general area of the Television lot, which is just a bit further from the entrance than is the tram drop-off.

So, my CM dd posted something on Snapchat about this. She drove to DHS on Wednesday...as she walked out, to get to her car, she said "What is happening here?? MK used to be the worst park for getting to your car. Now, here is DHS, sweeping in to steal that crown!!!!' I found that to be kind of funny!!!!

When I was there the first week of August, the Pop stop was along the way of the old stops, not where the new ones are. So that one wasn't too bad then anyway.

I don't own a car. I literally walk everywhere when I'm at home: grocery store, restaurants, drug store, etc. That's my baseline.

The current bus locations at Disney's Hollywood Studios are a LONG way from the entrance.

Here's the old set-up:
dhs-entrance-bing-aerial-resized-rotated.jpg

The entrance is on the top. Under that is where the parking lot tram was, followed by the Disney bus loop (surrounding what I believe was the accessible parking lot), then the Charter bus loop that stretched up along the lagoon.

The current bus loop is located to the below of the Charter loop, where guest parking used to be.

Here's the current set-up with a similar orientation:
dhs-charter-busloop-edit.jpg

I don't own a car. I literally walk everywhere when I'm at home: grocery store, restaurants, drug store, etc. That's my baseline.

The current bus locations at Disney's Hollywood Studios are a LONG way from the entrance.

Here's the old set-up:
dhs-entrance-bing-aerial-resized-rotated.jpg

The entrance is on the top. Under that is where the parking lot tram was, followed by the Disney bus loop (surrounding what I believe was the accessible parking lot), then the Charter bus loop that stretched up along the lagoon.

The current bus loop is located to the below of the Charter loop, where guest parking used to be.

Here's the current set-up with a similar orientation:
dhs-charter-busloop-edit.jpg
It's all a matter of opinion I suppose. I walk 3 miles a day for exercise. The walk from the bus to the entrance is nothing to me.

I had read reports here in that previous thread about the walk being "close to 20 minutes even for a relatively fast walker." When I was there the first week in September it did not seem all that long from my bus drop off to the gate and I figured that maybe the buses were pulling up as close as possible for drop off but that my walk back would be longer. So I timed it. It was very hot so I walked at a strolling pace and I stopped twice to take photos of the gondola station and it took my 7 minutes to get to the POR stop. Not bad at all.

I still think the walk out of Epcot at the end of night is the worst and Animal Kingdom is not much better. The walk at DHS is definitely hot because there is no shade but I always find the walk to the AK buses to be pretty hot and miserable. The only advantage there is that they do have all that shade once you finally get to the stops where the new DHS location does not.

Has Disney stated when they expect the bus stops to be moved to a closer permanent location?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter