Holiday Inn Maingate East - Good place?

jasper577

Earning My Ears
Any first-hand reports on this hotel or another value-priced hotel that you would recommend highly? $49 for a standard room or $74 for a kidsuite in April sounds pretty good. We treated ourselves to WL last time and want to be on a more reasonable budget this go round. Thanks a bunch.

Hi. We stayed here last year. It was OK. If all you want is a clean place to sleep and take a shower and use the pool, then it would suit you. There are no bells and whistles, that's for sure. They have a restaurant in the hotel where kids eat free. That was just OK too. But to us, it's all we need when we're down there, because we certainly don't spend too much time at the hotel. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Your comments help a lot. We're not going deluxe this time but I think I'll kick it up a notch from the Holiday Inn. Thanks.

We stayed four nights at this hotel last week. No it is not deluxe but it is within the normal HI standards. Our check-in was quick, got an upgrade using Priority Club to a King Room. The room had a wonderful little kitchen area with microwave and fridge. Safe large enough for laptop. Rooms were clean. The best benefit was that the pools, both of them very large, were warm and the hot tubs were nice. The best benefit to this hotel is LOCATION. We had a rental car and simply drove out of the hotel entrance, up Seralago Blvd., left on Osceola and straight into Disney property. It was just as convenient as our hotel stay at ASMO. We were also very convenient to restaurants, grocery stores and a very short walk to Old Town (makes a nice evening stroll). I would highly recommend it to the average traveller looking for the average room. Priority Club gave us a free breakfast and paper. Kids ate free.

We stayed at HIMGE Kids Suite for 2 nights before and 2 nights after our on-site Disney vacation. The first 2 days we were in room 118. I was not impressed and almost cancelled our last two days. It was a "wilderness" theme and it was dirty, dark, the fridge was cracked and the speakers for the kids tv didn't work (SO, IF THEY OFFER YOU THIS ROOM -- DON'T TAKE IT!)

Anyway, the last 2 nights we stayed in the room right next door, #120. This had a jail house theme and was BEAUTIFUL! Larger bathroom/kitchen area, ceiling fan over our king bed, the kids accomodations were outstanding in this room! Both rooms were directly off the pool area, they have a kids pool (only 1.5 feet deep) which was great for my 2 year old and they are on the first floor! They have a movie theater showing disney movies just about all day/evening. And, with my priority club, we got the breakfast bar for free each morning.

I would definately stay there again, but definately request room 120 or one like it and stay as far away from the wilderness rooms as I could!

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter