• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Card Locations

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
We'll be going in October, and I am the consummate planner. I've already started to think about where we should have the kids' picture taken for our holiday cards this year. Last year, we adopted them from Russia, so we took their picture by a Kremlin Tower and put on it, From Russia, With Love..." The picture was supposed to be in front of St. Basil's Cathedral, but there was scaffolding all around some of the spires. This year, I want it to be from Disney. Of course, an obvious place is in front of the castle, or in front of the flowers in the gardens that are just off the center of Main St. in MK. Where are your best ideas for our holiday picture? What have you used in the past. I also thought that maybe the Christmas store in Downtown Disney might be a good place to stand in front, but I can't picture the facade from memory.

We were at DD in March, and I saw a spot at the entrance (near the Rainforest cafe) of a Winter Scene with character statues. I can't remember exactly what it looked like but I remember thinking that would be a great place for a Christmas Card picture. I think it had the characters with hats and scarfs on and a sled with snow. My sister may be heading down in June, so I can have her check it out and let you know.

You could try at the Winter Summerland Minature Golf course. Both courses are christmas orientated. Which could give you many different backgrounds to choose from.

Congrats on your adoption! We were going to adopt from Bulgaria until a friend called us telling us she knew of a 2 yr old in desperate need of being adopted once her termination trial was complete. We will be taking our picture in DD as well! We saw it on our honeymoon with Mickey, Goofy, and Donald Duck all made to be like snowmen characters with hats and the like on. At the top it says "Merry Christmas!" It is very cute, and you wont have "extras" in your photo from other people walking by. It is near the Christmas shop in DD, and you can go inside and ask to be shown where it is at.

MGM also has a holiday shop over near the Muppets with a snowman in front of it. I'm not sure but I think the Fire Station there is kind of wintery too. The holiday scene with Pluto, Goofy, Mickey and Donald is just in back of the Christmas Store in DTD on the way to the bus transportation stop. You might want to bring a tripod as there is only a low fire hydrant to place your camera on ;)

My neighbor was telling me that she received a christmas card from her friend Her friend had made christmas cards while at WDW. Had anyone heard of this? My neighbor was a at WDW and asked around and never found a place that made them. Does anyone know of this?

Leaving in 12 days!

You could always buy Christmas Mickey Mouse ears at the Xmas store and take your photo WITH the Mouse Himself.

Yes, I have heard of making christmas cards at Disney, although I don't know much about them. A family friend did this a few years ago, they were in visiting Disney in November. The kids were sitting in a giant sleigh, it was cute. I know there is a phone number for the WDW photographers, maybe they could tell you about the christmas cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter