Hobbies for two - can be friends or a couple or whatever

Luv Orlando - one thing you could do while your husband is painting or drawing, is card making. I’m a wannabe artist with no talent. I’ve taken classes, but gave up. However there is a huge industry devoted to card making. I feel like I make little works of art with every card. I should warn you that it’s an expensive hobby, but I love feeling creative. I belong to a group who get together weekly. But I’m in my craft room every day. I enjoy sharing them with friends and family and none of them need to buy cards anymore. Look for Jennifer Maguire or Gina K on YouTube if this interests you. It’s a wonderful, caring, kind community.

How is your Camino training and planning coming along? Are you pre booking albergues or just sleeping where your legs take you?
I think the training's going well, but we've never done anything like this before, so we're not sure! We're currently walking 90 minutes 5 days/week with our packs. At our usual walking pace that's about 9 kms/day. We feel good physically--feet are tough now, no tendonitis (I had achilles tendonitis last year). Between now and when we leave the U.S. on Sept 4 we want to get up to about 12-14 kms/day and start getting in more hill work.

I wanted to do albergues and not pre-book. DW wanted to do private rooms and pre-book. So we're doing private rooms and pre-booking. :D The places we're booking have free cancellation within a few days, so if our plans change we can be a little flexible.

Last edited:
I walked by a Sur La Table store, (similar to Pottery Barn,) last night and they were doing a cooking class. It was very full. It looked like a lot of fun.

https://www.surlatable.com/cooking-classes/in-store-cooking-classes/

https://www.surlatable.com/cooking-classes-1/
I can verify that the cooking classes are a lot of fun, at least my son thought so, although not surprisingly he was the only male in his class. He enjoys cooking, so his girlfriend gave him a voucher for a class.

I can verify that the cooking classes are a lot of fun, at least my son thought so, although not surprisingly he was the only male in his class. He enjoys cooking, so his girlfriend gave him a voucher for a class.
I've taken some Sur la Table classes and they are good, but note also that some adult education classes at local schools offer cooking classes at a lower cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter