Hiton Head - how many steps to first/ground floor?

Firefighter Mickey

DIS Veteran
Can someone provide a general idea of how many steps must be climbed to go to the "ground" floor units at HH? We may be there over New Years and one of our party has difficulty with steps; so we're trying to determine whether to ask for a Lodge unit or just a first/ground floor unit.

Thanks!

If memory serves me right, there are approx. 5-6 steps to a first floor room. There are no rooms on the ground floor due to the marsh lands and high tide. You could request a room in the Lodge portion of the resort. There is an elevator in the parking garage that you can take to get to rooms in that part of the resort.

Have a great trip...you'll love the resort, it's beautiful!:)

I think there are 2 flights of steps for each floor. The flight consists of about 6-8 steps with a landing between flights.

I tried to find a photo which would show the entry, but will have to keep looking!

Good Luck!

I'd recommend staying in the lodge if one of your group has difficulty with steps. Memory fades, but it seems like there were at least 8 (or seemed that way). I think they expand after a long day at the beach!!

Thanks. I was mainly interested in how many steps from the ground to the actual first floor. I knew that the buildings were elevated, but wasn't sure how high.

I just looked at a snap shot we took there in July. There are 3 steps up to a small landing and then 8 or 9 steps up to the unit. There are railings on both side but it could be a long climb up for someone who has problems with steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter