"Hi-Tea" at Grand Floridian???

M

~Magical Princess~

Can anyone give me details on how to schedule the "hi-tea" affair at the GF ? I think that would be a nice treat to my parents to take them there during our upcoming trip as my mom loves this resort so much!

Any info or links helpful! :)

My best friend and her 16 year-old daughter and I had afternoon tea in June 2000. It was nearly empty as we sat with fabric napkins in our laps and tea cosys nesting nearby. I treated them to the extravaganza tea with champagne/sandwiches and tarts, you know, the WORKS! The ladies that served us were delightful and music from the lobby floated in on a breeze.

This was at the time that renovation was being done to the facade of the main building. To shield the guest from unsightly goings-on, they covered the windows with PHOTOGRAPHS of what you WOULD see on a lovely day. The coverings made the room cool and not so blindingly sunny. It was a lovely touch. Enjoy your tea and order the WORKS--you won't regret it!
All the best, Wilma :wave: :wave: :wave:

It's wonderful. Although it seems very quiet and not too many people, it's best if you make ressies. The day DH and I were there, we saw several people turned away without advance ressies. There are 3 seatings-the latest starts at 4:30.

Enjoy the High Tea :) It is a wonderful experience

I just wish you could look out the windows

You can look out the windows at afternoon tea. The renovations were completed almost 2 years ago.
Many ideas about the afternoon tea are currently being discussed in the Restaurant forum.
-Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter