HHN 32 aka the Year of David Pumpkins-Sep TR-Completed 11/2

Unmasking the Horror Tour Pt 1

This year we did the 6 house Unmasking the Horror Tour! We typically don't take the tour, but we did a 3 house one in 2016. We loved seeing the details behind the scenes, but I know some of the picture taking rules changed after the last tour we did, and I was never sure we'd want to take the all day tour. However when I heard the lineup for the 6 house tour this year I changed my mind since it was all the houses I knew we'd want to see the most. We had an excellent tour guide named Billie who kept things fun and interesting throughout and there were still a lot of places you could take pictures. I would definitely do this again next year.

*Here's my warning for if you don't like pictures of the displays in haunted houses to skip these posts*.

We started the morning with some breakfast at Islands.

IMG_9870.JPG

Another little note: Because the post limit for pictures is only 10 on here, it may take me a few more posts than usual to show you all of the houses; but for the sake of not making 20 individual posts I won't show you every photo I took.

Our first house up was the Universal Monsters Unmasked house.

IMG_9871.JPG

I really enjoyed all the Phantom of the Opera details in here, and what they've done with the story.

IMG_9874.JPG

IMG_9877.JPG

The only place I wish we could've gotten a photo that we weren't able to was in the room with the Invisible Man/Men figures because the Invisible Man was really only represented in that room.

IMG_9885.JPG

IMG_9896.JPG

Next up was Chucky Final Kill Count!

This was really the only place in the house Tiffany/Jennifer Tilly was which I found a little disappointing since she's one of my favorite characters, and I think the movies got better when they added her character and a little more humor.

IMG_9904.JPG

I overall liked the house, but I did see that the house in Hollywood was a lot more elaborate and had more scare actors in it.

IMG_9909.JPG

IMG_9913.JPG

A lot of the moments in this house were from the new show so I was glad I was caught up on it. I like the show because it's done by Don Mancini who did a lot of the movies so it's a consistent continuing story and because of it's funny and meta at times they can do some really different episodes.

IMG_9925.JPG

Continued in the next post

Last edited:
Unmasking the Horror Tour Pt 2

One more picture from the Chucky house:

IMG_9927.JPG

Onto Blood Moon: Dark Offerings!

IMG_9930.JPG

This house was the one that had the same designer as last year's Dead Man's Pier. There was a lot of really cool parts to it, including that you could see ahead of you (like it was a real village), and like last year's house it was really beautifully designed.

IMG_9932.JPG

This house was about colonial times and a cult that worshipped the moon, and believed the other people in town that didn't worship were "the false hearted". A boy who isn't part of the cult falls in love with a girl who is. When he's forbidden from seeing her, he asks the moon for a sign and it gives him the blood moon. He then joins the cult in killing the false hearted.

IMG_9938.JPG

This room was pretty cool, and at night has scare actors hidden throughout.

IMG_9954.JPG

More Josh looks. :rotfl:

IMG_9958.JPG

I tried to cut him out, but there was a guy that would stay in all the rooms until he was the last person. (He seemed to be trying to go into places he wasn't allowed to take pictures or videos he wasn't supposed to). It was kind of annoying, but I tried my best to take photos around him.

IMG_9961.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

Continued in next post

Unmasking the Horror Tour Pt 3

After the first three houses we had a little lunch break. I think they used to include lunch, but now they give you about an hour and let you go out into Citywalk to get food. We went to Breadbox, and had some sandwiches before heading back to the tour building.

I forgot to get pictures of these costumes from last year when we had checked in so I took some now.

IMG_9979.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

Our next house was Stranger Things! Which was one of the ones I was more excited to walk through. Aside from not being able to take pictures in Eddie's trailer and of Vecna, I felt like we were allowed to take pictures of a lot.

Here's Eddie's trailer:

IMG_9990.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

And my favorite photo spot on the tour was Vecna's Lair:

IMG_9999.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

They even had the little notes Max and Lucas passed. 🥹

IMG_0032.JPG

For the IP shows and movies I won't bother to type out the plot here since you can easily look them up. But season 4 of Stranger Things was really good, and I do feel like the house this year did it justice especially after the one for seasons 2 & 3 was a bit disappointing.

IMG_0037.JPG

Us in Vecna's lair:

IMG_0167.JPG

Unmasking the Horror Tour Pt 4

Next up we're headed to Dueling Dragons! I really liked this house, and seeing behind the scenes was even cooler because I feel like there were a lot of neat details.

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

There were so many different cool settings, and we were able to take lots of pictures in here.

IMG_0080.JPG

The fantasy aspect in here and a lot of the details reminded me of Army of Darkness so it's only fitting the Necronomicon was here. (On the top shelf)

IMG_0071.JPG

In this house the fire and ice wizards are fighting over Merlin's spell book, and at the end you get to choose a side so there's multiple possible endings.

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

I love that we got to take a photo with the dragons too.

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

Last edited:

Unmasking the Horror Tour Pt 5

Our final house was Yeti: Campground Kills.

IMG_0118.JPG

This was also one of our favorites. In this house the yetis were attacking campers, but we were on the yetis side because look at this poor little yeti.

IMG_0137.JPG

More pictures from the house:

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

Toilet snake :rotfl:

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

Next Up
We head to HHN and have a delicious dinner date at Disney

Last edited:
And they told me that I wouldn't be able to purchase gelato before 4, maybe 5pm unless I wanted an entire carton of it.
No gelato for you!
And then I made them take a ravioli, and peanut butter/chocolate Fedra ration bar selfie. :rotfl:
And if you ever want a ration bar, you can get them at the grocery store in Nebraska :rotfl:
It was okay, but the real highlight was watching the lady on the Today Show make terrible cookies and try to pretend they were good.
😂😂😂
Sadly, the burrito this time seemed kind of different. I don't know if you can tell from the toppings, but it just looked like it had been sitting out awhile
We had a good experience there this trip, but we've had a couple misses. Worst being 2021 on our actual anniversary day 😂
We also had a weird experience where the server didn't give us back Josh's card after running it,
😱
And for the first time we had to park a car there. :rotfl: It was really something.
We took a car for the first time last year, and did in August too. It's an experience! I think we lucked out with it not being too busy so parked fairly close, and we just hoofed it because of the stroller then took the ferry. It felt very crazy to see how quickly we could drive from Dolphin to the parking lot though since the bus feels so long!
consistent continuing story and because of it's funny and meta at times they can do some really different episodes.
Chucky freaks me out so I've never even seen a movie, but thought it was funny and interesting how they treat everything as cannon based on our tour guide
This house was the one that had the same designer as last year's Dead Man's Pier. There was a lot of really cool parts to it, including that you could see ahead of you (like it was a real village), and like last year's house it was really beautifully designed.
It was so cool to get to see all the details of how the set went together
But season 4 of Stranger Things was really good, and I do feel like the house this year did it justice especially after the one for seasons 2 & 3 was a bit disappointing.
100%. We just rewatched season 4 too which really upped the appreciation of how good the house was, especially for zack because he didn't quite remember what all had happened

Going to Universal for one final haunted night and then WDW for Halloween night .Staying at Sapphire and Bay Lake Tower.
I live here in Celebration so tomorrow night we need to check out all the homes decorated for Halloween before they start Christmas !
And then it will be crazy not enough days to do it all !
Thanks for all the photos .
And that snake in the toilet picture reminded me of the time a frog was sitting on our toilet seat in the middle of the night !!! Scared the sh*t out of me!
I also have had a bat flying in our 9th floor unit when we lived in Kansas City It was an old converted building called the Hemingway.
And you probably don’t want to know Why I will never buy a toaster at Goodwill Haha !
I guess real life can be scarier than anything I can imagine !

Last edited:

Oh my gosh I just remembered some other real life scare when we first moved to Orlando and were fascinated with seeing an alligator across street at the golf course …so next day we walked over closer to the waters edge to see if he was still “ across the pond”
We were asking ourselves if we were a gator where would we hide and then glanced down at our feet and he was looking right at us!!!
I will never trust any amount of water in Florida ever ever again !
I still drive past this location and can’t believe how dumb all those guys are playing golf , not knowing or caring about anything except trying to search for their lost golf ball .
I swear I’m not making any of this stuff up . I have no imagination .
Which reminds me of the school teacher that once upon a time told
Walt Disney he had no imagination .
And that is why Sorceror Mickey/ Mickey Mouse in Fantasmic ends the show with
“some imagination Huh “ ….before he disappears .

Last edited:
Haven't read much of your TR yet, but just had to jump ahead to say I'm soooo glad to see you back! Always enjoy your TRs. Just wish I had this one BEFORE our HHN trip. lol

I look fwd to seeing what you thought about everything, but overall, I thought it was a great year for houses and the show was better than I expected. I was a bit disappointed in most of the scare zones - especially the Dr Oddfellow entrance one - really thought that one would be bigger/more powerful.

I feel like they really need to step up the zones' wow factor and impact. Felt lacking compared to ones like Sam/Halloween, Rob Zombie and others. Was wishing for more of.... something....I dunno: more lighting, more special fx, more pulsating music.

But we def had a great time and already looking fwd to next year. ::yes:: (Bummer though - I never caught David Pumpkins or the M3GANs when we were there.)
And now...back to page 1 :wave:

No gelato for you!
Nope :rotfl:
We had a good experience there this trip, but we've had a couple misses. Worst being 2021 on our actual anniversary day 😂
Oh no on your anniversary too! Josh always loves going there, and on occasion I've had something good but I don't always get the same thing there and some things have been better than others and when they're busy the service is incredibly slow.
We took a car for the first time last year, and did in August too. It's an experience! I think we lucked out with it not being too busy so parked fairly close, and we just hoofed it because of the stroller then took the ferry. It felt very crazy to see how quickly we could drive from Dolphin to the parking lot though since the bus feels so long!
That is good! I wish we were closer. When we parked at HS a few years ago it felt like we were steps from the entrance.
Chucky freaks me out so I've never even seen a movie, but thought it was funny and interesting how they treat everything as cannon based on our tour guide
Anything goes in Chucky :rotfl:
Going to Universal for one final haunted night and then WDW for Halloween night .Staying at Sapphire and Bay Lake Tower.
Awesome! Hope you have a great time!
Thanks for all the photos .
You're welcome!
And that snake in the toilet picture reminded me of the time a frog was sitting on our toilet seat in the middle of the night !!! Scared the sh*t out of me!
I've read too many stories about people actually finding snakes in their toilets but I imagine a frog would be scary too if you didn't expect it :rotfl:
And you probably don’t want to know Why I will never buy a toaster at Goodwill Haha !
I'm kind of curious now...:scratchin
Haven't read much of your TR yet, but just had to jump ahead to say I'm soooo glad to see you back! Always enjoy your TRs. Just wish I had this one BEFORE our HHN trip. lol
Hey good to see you! When did you go?
I look fwd to seeing what you thought about everything, but overall, I thought it was a great year for houses and the show was better than I expected. I was a bit disappointed in most of the scare zones - especially the Dr Oddfellow entrance one - really thought that one would be bigger/more powerful.
Absolutely agree! (Except about the show, we didn't see it this year).
I feel like they really need to step up the zones' wow factor and impact. Felt lacking compared to ones like Sam/Halloween, Rob Zombie and others. Was wishing for more of.... something....I dunno: more lighting, more special fx, more pulsating music.
Yes! I also just felt like this year they came up with scare zones, and then tried to theme the Oddfellow stuff around ideas they already had, and it didn't really work for me. I also like when they have some IP zones too as I feel like those were some of the best in the past. We were even saying this year that the Rob Zombie zone was the last good one in the San Francisco area since those have been disappointing the last few years.
ut we def had a great time and already looking fwd to next year. ::yes:: (Bummer though - I never caught David Pumpkins or the M3GANs when we were there.)
Same! Although nooo you missed David Pumpkins! (We didn't see the M3gan's either. I saw so many videos of them but of all the time I spent there never saw them once). 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: shh
HHN & a Disney Dinner Date

We spent some time back in the room after the tour because it was a lot of walking.

Sunset view from our room:

IMG_0168.JPG

Tonight the priority was going to the houses Josh hadn't seen yet (even if he'd seen some of them on the tour). We had a really great run through at Blood Moon, and then we went to the Chucky house. Josh liked both of them a lot, and even said he wanted to start watching the Chucky show. (Which I tried to get him to watch before we left :rotfl:).

Then we went to Dark Offerings:

IMG_0185.JPG

After that we were a little hungry because we hadn't eaten since lunch time so we got some Twisted Taters.

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

And a Walking Taco:

IMG_0191.JPG

I actually thought the Walking Taco was pretty good, but Josh said he'd never eat it again. :rotfl: I have heard some people say they barely got any toppings on theirs which is terrible, but ours had a pretty good mix of everything.

The next day we had most of the day open since we'd decided against rescheduling our Epcot day (which I would've moved to this day if we had). We decided we'd still go to Disney, and maybe have a dinner date somewhere before HHN.

IMG_0255.JPG

We ended up settling on Ale and Compass because we hadn't been there in a long time, and they'd had a pretty good burger from what we remembered.

We got the:

Parker House Rolls and Spreads

Bacon Jam, Pub Cheese, Citrus Butter

IMG_0250.JPG

These were fluffy and delicious. I wish you didn't have to pay for bread at any restaurant, but these were really good. I liked the pub cheese, and Josh liked the bacon jam and citrus butter so it worked out perfectly.

We both got the:

Bacon and Vermont Cheddar Burger

with Caramelized Onion on a Parker House Bun with Applewood-smoked Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Herbed Mayonnaise

Although I got mine with the truffle fries and shallot mayo.

IMG_0251.JPG

The burgers were just as delicious as we remembered, and the truffle fries were amazing. Sadly, the shallot mayo did not seem to be the same shallot mayo I remember them serving with truffle fries in Crew Cup a few years back that I liked. This one seemed to have a heavier shallot flavor, and I wasn't a fan, but the fries didn't really need a dipping sauce.

IMG_0253.JPG

Afterwards we headed out back to my favorite view, and got some pictures in before it rained.

IMG_0257.JPG

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Boardwalk Views & Another Night at HHN

Some more pictures of the Yacht Club/Boardwalk:

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

After dinner we headed back to HHN. Josh still had one more house to go through, and we did a few others again too.

IMG_0284.JPG

First I had to try the Bloody Snowball over at the Yeti food booth.

IMG_0287.JPG

I like coconut a lot so I enjoyed this, but it wasn't my favorite snack this year.

IMG_0288.JPG

Tonight we did Blood Moon again, Universal Monsters Unmasked, and the last house Josh hadn't done yet which was the Last of Us.

IMG_0298.JPG

Josh had played the first game but wasn't really a fan, and never watched the show so I don't think he really thought the wait was worth it, but I thought the house was even better the second time around because I recognized more stuff in it. Still it was the longest wait we had (even with EP I'd say we waited about 50 minutes). This was one of the houses that always had the longest line so we usually avoided it. But the Friday I'd gone with Zack and Alyssa it had seemed busier overall than the weeknights, but the EP lines all seemed really short so we didn't wait nearly as long as we had to this time.

Next Up
Our last day & a few posts about my trip to Sleepy Hollow

Last edited:
No gelato for you!

And if you ever want a ration bar, you can get them at the grocery store in Nebraska :rotfl:

😂😂😂

😱

It was so cool to get to see all the details of how the set went together

100%. We just rewatched season 4 too which really upped the appreciation of how good the house was, especially for zack because he didn't quite remember what all had happened
I was so glad they stuck to the main story taking Vecna's point of view and didn't focus at all on the Russia storyline- that was the only part of the season I didn't like. The house - and the SAs - were amazing.

I think this last most recent post is my favorite and don’t know if you realized just how you created a spooky effect with your words and camera images:
The first with “ Before it rains” and Mickey& Minnie have a little color but the rest of the image seems grayish …then the BoardWalk is in black & white photo adding to the feeling that a story is about to begin about something strange . Should I worry about Mickey & Minnie ?
But then we have Color and a fun ending back at Universal Studios .
but no Mickey No Minnie
The end .
Currently the full moon tonight was pretty amazing in the Orlando area.
And it is keeping me awake because tomorrow morning drive across town to Sapphire Falls and Voodoo Donuts and more more more!
Happy Halloween !

Last edited:
HHN & a Disney Dinner Date

We spent some time back in the room after the tour because it was a lot of walking.

Sunset view from our room:

View attachment 805762

Tonight the priority was going to the houses Josh hadn't seen yet (even if he'd seen some of them on the tour). We had a really great run through at Blood Moon, and then we went to the Chucky house. Josh liked both of them a lot, and even said he wanted to start watching the Chucky show. (Which I tried to get him to watch before we left :rotfl:).

Then we went to Dark Offerings:

View attachment 805763

After that we were a little hungry because we hadn't eaten since lunch time so we got some Twisted Taters.

View attachment 805764

View attachment 805766

And a Walking Taco:

View attachment 805765

I actually thought the Walking Taco was pretty good, but Josh said he'd never eat it again. :rotfl: I have heard some people say they barely got any toppings on theirs which is terrible, but ours had a pretty good mix of everything.

The next day we had most of the day open since we'd decided against rescheduling our Epcot day (which I would've moved to this day if we had). We decided we'd still go to Disney, and maybe have a dinner date somewhere before HHN.

View attachment 805767

We ended up settling on Ale and Compass because we hadn't been there in a long time, and they'd had a pretty good burger from what we remembered.

We got the:

View attachment 805768

These were fluffy and delicious. I wish you didn't have to pay for bread at any restaurant, but these were really good. I liked the pub cheese, and Josh liked the bacon jam and citrus butter so it worked out perfectly.

We both got the:

Bacon and Vermont Cheddar Burger

with Caramelized Onion on a Parker House Bun with Applewood-smoked Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Herbed Mayonnaise

Although I got mine with the truffle fries and shallot mayo.

View attachment 805769

The burgers were just as delicious as we remembered, and the truffle fries were amazing. Sadly, the shallot mayo did not seem to be the same shallot mayo I remember them serving with truffle fries in Crew Cup a few years back that I liked. This one seemed to have a heavier shallot flavor, and I wasn't a fan, but the fries didn't really need a dipping sauce.

View attachment 805770

Afterwards we headed out back to my favorite view, and got some pictures in before it rained.

View attachment 805771

Continued in next post

Gosh, that is a lot of rolls!!! They do look good and the burger would impress me I think, that place has never been on our radar, but might look at it.

Boardwalk Views & Another Night at HHN

Some more pictures of the Yacht Club/Boardwalk:

View attachment 805772

View attachment 805773

View attachment 805774

View attachment 805775

View attachment 805780

After dinner we headed back to HHN. Josh still had one more house to go through, and we did a few others again too.

View attachment 805776

First I had to try the Bloody Snowball over at the Yeti food booth.

View attachment 805777

I like coconut a lot so I enjoyed this, but it wasn't my favorite snack this year.

View attachment 805778

Tonight we did Blood Moon again, Universal Monsters Unmasked, and the last house Josh hadn't done yet which was the Last of Us.

View attachment 805779

Josh had played the first game but wasn't really a fan, and never watched the show so I don't think he really thought the wait was worth it, but I thought the house was even better the second time around because I recognized more stuff in it. Still it was the longest wait we had (even with EP I'd say we waited about 50 minutes). This was one of the houses that always had the longest line so we usually avoided it. But the Friday I'd gone with Zack and Alyssa it had seemed busier overall than the weeknights, but the EP lines all seemed really short so we didn't wait nearly as long as we had to this time.

Next Up
Our last day & a few posts about my trip to Sleepy Hollow

Someone mention coconut.........lol......I love coconut, but is that a chocolate centre??

Glad you had a good evening with not too bad wait times.

And a Walking Taco:
Another midwest specialty lol

This is like, number one reason I'd like to go here and we just haven't ever made it. We're so bad about eating outside the parks.
Still it was the longest wait we had (even with EP I'd say we waited about 50 minutes). This was one of the houses that always had the longest line so we usually avoided it. But the Friday I'd gone with Zack and Alyssa it had seemed busier overall than the weeknights, but the EP lines all seemed really short so we didn't wait nearly as long as we had to this time.
Oh wow! I remember EP line was really short once we got back there Friday. I feel like Friday and then Saturday were similar, though Saturday was a bit worse, but even though it was busy the EP lines weren't bad and definitely less than half the normal wait.

I was so glad they stuck to the main story taking Vecna's point of view and didn't focus at all on the Russia storyline- that was the only part of the season I didn't like. The house - and the SAs - were amazing.
Me too because it was my favorite part of the season. However I did like the Russia storyline because Joyce and Murray together are hilarious. (My least favorite part was probably the underground facility with Eleven). But Josh also didn't like the Russia storyline at all.
And it is keeping me awake because tomorrow morning drive across town to Sapphire Falls and Voodoo Donuts and more more more!
Happy Halloween !
Hope you have fun and happy Halloween!
Gosh, that is a lot of rolls!!! They do look good and the burger would impress me I think, that place has never been on our radar, but might look at it.
The waitress said she could get us some more too :rotfl: I think you'd like the menu there, and I love that hotel. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere too, it isn't as chaotic as some other restaurants on property.
Someone mention coconut.........lol......I love coconut, but is that a chocolate centre??
Another coconut lover! Coconut is so polarizing, I find most people don't like it so when it's a coconut dessert no one ever wants to split it with me. (Josh hates coconut). But yeah it did have a chocolate center.
Another midwest specialty lol
I liked it lol We basically just throw toppings on tortilla chips at home and call it taco salad. :rotfl: (Just minus the lettuce and dressing part :rotfl:).
This is like, number one reason I'd like to go here and we just haven't ever made it. We're so bad about eating outside the parks.
It was so good! And we almost didn't get the bread but I saw it at another table and had to.

I remember the first time we went shortly after it opened and I thought it was okay (breakfast for the CP package wasn't a good value, but we did like the burgers at lunch). And when we were looking for a place to eat the burger popped into my mind, and it seems like the food is even better there now.
Oh wow! I remember EP line was really short once we got back there Friday. I feel like Friday and then Saturday were similar, though Saturday was a bit worse, but even though it was busy the EP lines weren't bad and definitely less than half the normal wait.
Yes the EP lines were so good that night! Probably the shortest of any night we went.

Chucky's Twisted Playground

We started our day with some nachos at NBC Grill.

IMG_0305.JPG

We discovered these nachos a few years ago, and they're some of our favorite on property. The toppings are usually pretty evenly distributed (though I always think everything could use more cheese). And we just wanted to split something because we had another big dinner planned to replace the dinner at Bull and Bear we canceled.

Before our stay ended we also had to make it over to Chucky's Twisted Playground at Cabana Bay.

IMG_0323.JPG

I think this was my favorite of the photo ops rooms they've had at Cabana Bay (although the Stranger Things one was fun, there weren't as many choices in backdrops). Over the years they've added a lot more photo ops into the space, and this year I felt like there were quite a few to choose from and it was nicely themed.

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

Most of the photo ops were from the show because I think it was sponsored by Peacock, but I don't think you really would have to know the plot to take pictures here.

IMG_0383.JPG

Plus they had a Tiffany photo op too!

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

It was a cool space, and I'm glad we got to take some pictures there.

IMG_0387.JPG
IMG_0371.JPG

Our Last Night at HHN

To make up for missing our Bull and Bear dinner earlier in the week I made a reservation at another steakhouse (though one we'd been to before), The Palm!

IMG_0402.JPG

We had great service and a pretty good meal here. The steak was perfectly cooked, but I felt it had a bit too much salt on top. The truffle gnocchi also wasn't the same as the previous time I'd had the dish, but the potatoes au gratin was amazing. It was so creamy and cheesy, I wished I had room to eat much more of it than I was able to. :rotfl:

After dinner I took a picture with my final hotel photo op of the trip which was Jekyll and Hyde. I had no idea what to do here so here is my attempt at recreating Jekyll and Hyde. :rotfl2:

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

And we were back for our last night at HHN!

IMG_0414.JPG

We didn't do a crazy amount this last night because the park was packed full of teenagers acting obnoxiously and we had to leave early the next day.

IMG_0415.JPG

We mostly stayed up front and did a few of our favorites again (Stranger Things, Dueling Dragons, Yeti). And we also went through the Tribute Store one more time which is when I bought the Dueling Dragons tee.

IMG_0417.JPG

And I had to get one more of these Oreo Cheesecake pops!

IMG_0419.JPG

Our flight left early enough that we didn't really do anything besides pack up and leave so that's it for our trip!

I hope you enjoyed following along even though this was a bit different and less detailed than my usual format. And if you want to stick around a bit longer...I did take a weekend trip to Sleepy Hollow with family in October, and I'm going to make a few posts about that next.

Last edited:

Chucky's Twisted Playground

We started our day with some nachos at NBC Grill.

View attachment 806351

We discovered these nachos a few years ago, and they're some of our favorite on property. The toppings are usually pretty evenly distributed (though I always think everything could use more cheese). And we just wanted to split something because we had another big dinner planned to replace the dinner at Bull and Bear we canceled.

Before our stay ended we also had to make it over to Chucky's Twisted Playground at Cabana Bay.

View attachment 806352

I think this was my favorite of the photo ops rooms they've had at Cabana Bay (although the Stranger Things one was fun, there weren't as many choices in backdrops). Over the years they've added a lot more photo ops into the space, and this year I felt like there were quite a few to choose from and it was nicely themed.

View attachment 806354

View attachment 806353

Most of the photo ops were from the show because I think it was sponsored by Peacock, but I don't think you really would have to know the plot to take pictures here.

View attachment 806356

Plus they had a Tiffany photo op too!

View attachment 806357

View attachment 806368

It was a cool space, and I'm glad we got to take some pictures there.

View attachment 806359

View attachment 806360

We had the nachos with chicken from NBC a few years ago, it looked very different to that though, that looks smaller, but yes, lacked cheese and I`m not overly fond of cheese.

I got excited and thought it was going to be a Tiffany as in the jewellery store display....lol......

Our Last Night at HHN

To make up for missing our Bull and Bear dinner earlier in the week I made a reservation at another steakhouse (though one we'd been to before), The Palm!

View attachment 806369

We had great service and a pretty good meal here. The steak was perfectly cooked, but I felt it had a bit too much salt on top. The truffle gnocchi also wasn't the same as the previous time I'd had the dish, but the potatoes au gratin was amazing. It was so creamy and cheesy, I wished I had room to eat much more of it than I was able to. :rotfl:

After dinner I took a picture with my final hotel photo op of the trip which was Jekyll and Hyde. I had no idea what to do here so here is my attempt at recreating Jekyll and Hyde. :rotfl2:

View attachment 806374

View attachment 806375

And we were back for our last night at HHN!

View attachment 806370

We didn't do a crazy amount this last night because the park was packed full of teenagers acting obnoxiously and we had to leave early the next day.

View attachment 806371

We mostly stayed up front and did a few of our favorites again (Stranger Things, Dueling Dragons, Yeti). And we also went through the Tribute Store one more time which is when I bought the Dueling Dragons tee.

View attachment 806372

And I had to get one more of these Oreo Cheesecake pops!

View attachment 806373

Our flight left early enough that we didn't really do anything besides pack up and leave so that's it for our trip!

I hope you enjoyed following along even though this was a bit different and less detailed than my usual format. And if you want to stick around a bit longer...I did take a weekend trip to Sleepy Hollow with family in October, and I'm going to make a few posts about that next.

The Palm do overseason their steaks for sure, we always ask for a tiny amount of seasoning and even then it`s fine, glad you enjoyed it though.

What shame about the teens!! Heard that a lot this year from both guests and SA friends.

Thank you for coming back and doing your report, you would have been sadly missed as your reports are always wonderful to read. I hope we can say hello again at maybe "our usual tables" in Strong Water Bar.......lol.......

Looking forward to your Sleepy Hollow posts!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter